Oasis new dining; comp restaurants

The RCL website is confusing and customer service is useless.

It says Grand is formal every-night while Silk & American Bistro have fixed menus w/o rotation.

Can any recent cruiser clarify dining? And for those who choose classic where do they seat you?

Any info appreciated.

The RCL website is confusing and customer service is useless.

It says Grand is formal every-night while Silk & American Bistro have fixed menus w/o rotation.

Can any recent cruiser clarify dining? And for those who choose classic where do they seat you?

Any info appreciated.

There is no Dynamic Dining on Oasis. Royal has abandoned that concept for Oasis class ships.

So the three restaurants you mentioned will function as one Main Dining Room, on three decks, serving the same food from the same menus that will change nightly.

There is no Dynamic Dining on Oasis. Royal has abandoned that concept for Oasis class ships.

So the three restaurants you mentioned will function as one Main Dining Room, on three decks, serving the same food from the same menus that will change nightly.

Exactly - OP, think of the Silk, American Icon, and Grande names merely as the names of each level of the MDR (like RCI used to do in the past). Each level will use the same traditional MDR menus with the same dress code throughout.

Has Dynamic Dining been abandoned or just postponed? The last I read from an official RCCL announcement was that it was pushed to late 2015?

Please feel free to direct me to a different thread if I missed something else!

Has Dynamic Dining been abandoned or just postponed? The last I read from an official RCCL announcement was that it was pushed to late 2015?

Please feel free to direct me to a different thread if I missed something else!

DD has been cancelled for ships other than Quantum class.

We have just booked on the harmony September 2016 & we had to decide dynamic dining or dynamic dining classic??

From the RCI website under Harmony of the Seas

"Dynamic Dining will now be exclusive to Quantum Class Ships. Guests who have already pre-selected the Classic option for their upcoming cruise will be assigned to either early or late seating to match their original choice of time. Guests who have selected the Choice option will be assigned to the My Time Dining program. Previous Dynamic Dining reservations will transition by the first week of August 2015".

Exactly - OP, think of the Silk, American Icon, and Grande names merely as the names of each level of the MDR (like RCI used to do in the past). Each level will use the same traditional MDR menus with the same dress code throughout.

Do you know which of these is being used for traditional dining and which for my time dining? Or do they just have everyone use all three?

Do you know which of these is being used for traditional dining and which for my time dining? Or do they just have everyone use all three?

Last I heard, American Icon was being used for My Time, and the other levels were traditional.

The deck plans label decks 3, 4, and 5 as main dining room. I believe one of the threads said deck 3 was used as the MTD room, and the other two decks as traditional.

We have just booked on the harmony September 2016 & we had to decide dynamic dining or dynamic dining classic??

A post a few days ago, in a different thread, said the reservation software has not been updated to the new choices since the recent decision. The flier I saw posted was directed towards TAs. It said DD Classic Early or Late would be assigned automatically to Traditional Early or Late. DD Choice will convert to MTD.