ES Program price reduction queston

uncleg

OK I booked ES. Carnival is now offering a lower rate on new bookings made between 7 something and 8 something for my Cat. There is a $238.50 difference. TA said I may not qualify for new rate because of the "new bookings" clause. I was just told I got a 75.00 reduction by TA. Should I be eligible for this, which is a little more than half of what I expected. I am a solo traveler and had to pay double for my cabin.

I did a mock booking for 1, that is how I came up with the 238.50 reduction.

Any ideas?

Early Saver includes all specials that you would be eligible for. Your TA should know that.

Thanx, that's what I thought. Only used TA because group I'm going with wanted to. I usually do my own bookings or use a PVP.

ES is the #1 reason that we did not book with a TA this time! She hated doing the additional paperwork and since we had used her, I could not submit directly. We booked on Tuesday and we have already submitted and received our first price reduction - took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish! Not sure that I will ever use a TA for a cruise again.

Sounds like a lazy TA to me. I filled out the form just this morning for $70 more OBC. It took me a couple minutes and I had a response almost immediately. They must have people just sitting there waiting for these forms!

OK I may have found out why I did not get full discount, I will be just short of 5 months before my sailing.

However I have never gotten a refund from Carnival...always an on-board credit....TA say my CC will be credited. I find that hard to believe. This will be my last time using a TA unless going overseas.

I have questioned TA about this but they have yet to reply.

TA has got discount up to 142.50, close to being double the $75.00 I was quoted this morning. Still $96.00 short of full price reduction. This will be an on-board credit. I still want to know what reason CCL is giving for the reduced amount. Its the curiosity in me.

TA has got discount up to 142.50, close to being double the $75.00 I was quoted this morning. Still $96.00 short of full price reduction. This will be an on-board credit. I still want to know what reason CCL is giving for the reduced amount. Its the curiosity in me.

If you booked directly wigt CCL you would get the full refund, is that correct? If so, perhaps you should ask thte TA and or have a hree way call wih TA, CCL and you.

Early Saver includes all specials that you would be eligible for. Your TA should know that.

You are not eligible for a rate that is for new bookings only. I've gone round and round with Carnival several times on this same issue within the last year. Maybe the rules have changed since then.

You are not eligible for a rate that is for new bookings only. I've gone round and round with Carnival several times on this same issue within the last year. Maybe the rules have changed since then.

I don't know, you maybe right, read the policy, but that restriction does not seem to apply, although there is an * by it.

By that logic however, what would be the point of booking ES if later CC adds a lower rate with conditions that exclude ES. It would be better for those who book ES to wait for last minute rates, maybe let a few ships sail unfilled, if CC is pulling that sort of stunt, if they are indeed doing so. I don't know.

OK I may have found out why I did not get full discount, I will be just short of 5 months before my sailing.

However I have never gotten a refund from Carnival...always an on-board credit....TA say my CC will be credited. I find that hard to believe. This will be my last time using a TA unless going overseas.

I have questioned TA about this but they have yet to reply.

Are you paid in full?