A Few Thoughts

bowen9475

We are waiting to disembark from the 4 day Imagination cruise. Here are a few thoughts: we missed Catalina and that was very disappointing. Bad weather had been in the area and apparently would have made it unsafe to tender over. I understand that but it was very disappointing. Would have liked to see us hit Catalina on the way back but instead we headed to Ensenada early and stayed there overnight. Also this was out first cruise with the American Table menus and we found it only alright. I did enjoy most of what I ate but we all really missed the old menus :(. This was also our first time having Your Time Dining and again we were all pretty disappointed. The wait to get seated was very quick each night but it took a long time to order and get food. We also missed sitting with another family and having the same wait staff each night. On the plus side we were always able to find tables in the buffet and never had very long lines. We also never had trouble finding chairs to sit in on deck. Finally, we have an 18 yo son who has always been very involved in the clubs. It's too bad they don't even offer a meet and greet for 18-21. He would have been happy with that option. Just wanted to share a few thoughts.

Edited by bowen9475

Sorry about the changes in port due to weather.

Just for the future you can have the same wait staff each night with ATD by just asking for them.

We always do that when we find staff that we like.

They get to know us just as they would in early or late dining. As for sitting with others that can be arranged if you meet people you like on during the cruise.

I have not experienced the new menu yet but am hoping to find things on it that I enjoy.

Thanks for writing.

Thanks for sharing your perspectives on the American Table menus and your feelings about Your Time Dining. For some it works, for others it doesn't. Providing your opinion will likely help others consider whether Your Time Dining will work for them.

Do they still have table cloths with the new menus or did they follow the Glory example? I confess to liking table cloths.

Inspiration has tablecloths. Imagination has the wood tabletops.