OK to bring soda on embarkation?

So if they confiscate your soda, do you have to go to the naughty room? Or do they take it away and/or hold it until the end of the cruise?

I just don't want to go to the naughty room! ;)

If you are carrying it on, and they deny it, they may confiscate it, or offer to save it until you get off. If you have it packed in checked bags, they may keep your bag and have you open it in front of them. Whwnever this has happened to us, they have allowed us to keep the water/soda, once they determine it's not alcohol.

you will be fine. a lot of people do this. Just put in your carry on. Just make sure all the plastic seal on your case stay intact, no sign of ripping it before going to security. i bought an 8 pack of plastic soda bottle and it had a shrink wrap around it. i never touch the wrap even tho i want to put more in the bag. When you go thru security, they only want to verify what all those bottle. I said soda.

I never tell them anything unless it's my family, but people in a cruise drink lots of soda. I guess they are on vacation for a week so they drink like crazy like in my case I eat like crazy but mostly protein. It's my vacation for a week I couldn't eat that much in my city

• 4 weeks later...

This year, we are driving into port, and the Navigator does not have a Freestyle machine, so I am going to be bringing a supply of Diet Dr. Pepper, and Sprite Zeros.

After reading this thread, I'm going to stick two 12 packs into a rolling carryon. Should fit nicely.

Now, the problem is to keep them cold - I like them as cold as possible. Knowing that the "fridges" in the cabins are really just a few degrees cooler than ambient, I'll be looking to get the room attendant to stock my room with ice. I'm thinking of purchasing one of these soft-walled coolers , and have the attendant keep it full of ice.

k2-_d8b6493c-7fd0-4e7c-8c87-27c1cb9b57a9.v1.jpg

Anyone have any other ideas to keep the cans cold during the cruise?

Has anyone every had a problem with the cabin attendant getting you that much ice?

Edited by Toddcan

This year, we are driving into port, and the Navigator does not have a Freestyle machine, so I am going to be bringing a supply of Diet Dr. Pepper, and Sprite Zeros.

After reading this thread, I'm going to stick two 12 packs into a rolling carryon. Should fit nicely.

Now, the problem is to keep them cold - I like them as cold as possible. Knowing that the "fridges" in the cabins are really just a few degrees cooler than ambient, I'll be looking to get the room attendant to stock my room with ice. I'm thinking of purchasing one of these soft-walled coolers , and have the attendant keep it full of ice.

k2-_d8b6493c-7fd0-4e7c-8c87-27c1cb9b57a9.v1.jpg

Anyone have any other ideas to keep the cans cold during the cruise?

Has anyone every had a problem with the cabin attendant getting you that much ice?

Always bring my own Diet Coke caffeine free and Coke Zero. I get stomach issues from soda rom a Tap or machine if I drink it too long. We bring a cooler and on the first day offer the room attendant an extra tip to keep cooler full of ice. Have never had a problem.

Just as a side note - we just checked in to Liberty of the Seas, I carried on 2 six-packs of soda bottles and they didn't even question me. Just sailed on through. It's spring break and everything, so another experience to report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as a side note - we just checked in to Liberty of the Seas, I carried on 2 six-packs of soda bottles and they didn't even question me. Just sailed on through. It's spring break and everything, so another experience to report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your report. I am glad you didn't have any problem.

Have a wonderful cruise!