August Promo Question

Here are a couple PROMO codes that do not show up for some of the 2016 cruises even though the promo is an option for oceanview and above. Hope this saves someone a call to NCL.

Free Gratuities CHOS

3rd & 4th Sail Free (limited number of sailings) CHOK34

I just tried to book through a travel agent and when they called NCL to book, they were told that the free gratuities do not apply to insides for 2016 sailings. Does anyone else agree with this? As far as I can see on their website it says "On cruises after Dec 22, 2015 Inside & Studio stateroom bookings choose from; the Dining Credit, 100 WiFi Minutes, Free Stateroom Gratuities, Soda Package, or Free 3rd and 4th Stateroom Guests on select sailings listed directly above."

Thanks,

Maggie

I just tried to book through a travel agent and when they called NCL to book, they were told that the free gratuities do not apply to insides for 2016 sailings. Does anyone else agree with this? As far as I can see on their website it says "On cruises after Dec 22, 2015 Inside & Studio stateroom bookings choose from; the Dining Credit, 100 WiFi Minutes, Free Stateroom Gratuities, Soda Package, or Free 3rd and 4th Stateroom Guests on select sailings listed directly above."

Thanks,

Maggie

I tried a mock booking and I got the same as your TA. No free gratuities unless you have an oceanview or higher. :( I agree the wording is misleading.

Does anyone else agree with this? As far as I can see on their website it says "On cruises after Dec 22, 2015 Inside & Studio stateroom bookings choose from; the Dining Credit, 100 WiFi Minutes, Free Stateroom Gratuities, Soda Package, or Free 3rd and 4th Stateroom Guests on select sailings listed directly above."

Unfortunately, the information for this promo on their website contains some errors and inconsistencies. The perks listed in this footnote are not the same as the ones shown in the graphic just above it for Studios and Insides from 2016:

waveaug15ins_zpslx2bdtgh.jpg

It looks like whoever wrote the footnote screwed up and put free gratuities where it should have only been $25 OBC.

Yes. I agree about the graphic. But I did a mock booking and put in CHOS and it worked. But who knows what the invoice would have shown.

ry%3D480

I don't know if you can see, but it shows the free gratuities.

In addition, the other items (like UBP) said "Insides and Studios not included". But on the gratuities it did not have that exclusion.

Maggie

Edited by maggieworkman

Yes. I agree about the graphic. But I did a mock booking and put in CHOS and it worked. But who knows what the invoice would have shown.

ry%3D480

I don't know if you can see, but it shows the free gratuities.

In addition, the other items (like UBP) said "Insides and Studios not included". But on the gratuities it did not have that exclusion.

Maggie

Booking confirmation shows service charge not included.

The booking page looks different now. It seems like they fixed the issue. There is the one column for insides/studios with the promos and then a second column for oceanview and above with their promos.

It only took them until August 5 to clarify what the August promo was!!!

Maggie

The booking page looks different now. It seems like they fixed the issue. There is the one column for insides/studios with the promos and then a second column for oceanview and above with their promos.It only took them until August 5 to clarify what the August promo was!!

Maggie

Maybe, that "was" a sneak preview, wishful thinking - leaked out for the upcoming September promotion, of course - unintentionally.

On IT - got 4 home computers (2 PC's & 2 laptops) upgraded free to W10Pro and just did 1 clean install after fully activated - got 2 more to go ... I think, IMO, NCL will be better off not attempting to do so yet or anytime soon, besides - it won't be free & could mess up real bad for their "Enterprises" editions.

They still don't have their August Promo completely right yet. If you go to the Limited promo on the home page and click "learn more" It shows the five promos available with a cross after it. If you look at the bottom of the page for clarification of the cross it lists free gratuities for one of the options for inside and studios although not listed just above it. I bet they have someone monitoring cruise critic to find their errors. That's why it took so long to correct the previous errors. Had to get the ok to correct it up the chain. We booked 6 months ago just as the changes were starting. I can only imagine what we will experience on our 1/2017 Getaway. It's a family cruise and so much is in place already that it's too much effort to cancel even at this point. It's still a cruise and we'll have fun regardless. Just hate dealing with all this pre-cruise BS.

Be careful with the current special offer starting 4 August in UK. Firstly, the small print makes a bit of a nonsense of the headlines and if you use the UK web site the small print page is broken so it is not available on that site. You can find it in English if you change to the "Continental Europe" site. And that page is very important -the "Free Ultimate Drinks" package only applies to the first two people on the reservation. The "Free Ultimate Specialty Dining" also only applies to the first two people on the reservation but it is also only available for around half of the nights on the cruise, not every night.

All legal, but it is getting very close to the UK rules on misleading advertising, especially as the small print is not available on the UK site as at 18:15 on 05 August, even if that is due to the usual level of incompetence in the IT group!

I got an email today from NCL with the same misleading claims. Even if you click on the terms and conditions, it isn't clear that the free gratuities aren't included for insides after Dec. 2015. Look at the UBP and the WiFi sections, they specifically mention "oceanview and above" or "after Dec 2015" but it doesn't say anything like that for the free gratuities.

http://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/waveaug15?&cheetahid=AAAAAA&cid=EM_MKD_NA_PRO_EML_augtc_EML_CHOAU15_AFSC080515_NA

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Booking Window: 8/1/2015 - 8/31/2015 11:59 pm EST

Applicable Sailings: 3-16 day sailings

*Pride of America sailings are not eligible for the offer. Norwegian Sky sailings beginning January 1, 2016 are not eligible for the offer.

Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations, New Group Delegates and FS bookings.

Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing traditional or FS Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits.

Offer is combinable with existing group block rates. RQs are not applicable unless RQ reservation converted to OF or BK status within the promotional booking window.

Promotion can not be held as group block.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer. All Guests in stateroom must choose same offer.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, discretionary onboard service charges and are additional.

Cancellation Fees also apply based on the Booking/Sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings.

Not applicable to Chartered Dates and Group Types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE

This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetours or BUNDLES.

Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

Applicable to NCLMIAMI, NCLINTL, AUSTRALIA, and NCL BRAZIL. Not applicable to CE and UK offices.

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Available for all stateroom categories on sailings through Dec 22, 2015; and for Oceanview category and higher for all sailings beyond Dec 22, 2015

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars.

Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package prior to cruise.

Soda Package:

Guest may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Soda Package prior to cruise.

Speciality Dining package:

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Specialty Dining Package prior to cruise, except when booking a Haven or Suite.

18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Specialty Dining Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

Packages are based on a per meal basis and can only be redeemed once per day.

Does not include beverages or gratuities.

Carlo's Bake Shop items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Chef's Table, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment based restaurants, Bayamo, The Food Republic, Ocean Blue restaurants, and beverages are not included as part of Specialty Dining Packages.

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15), Ocean Blue ($15), Bayamo ($15), Cirque Dreams and Illusionariu($10 regular seats/$15 premium seats/$35 VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7), and Raw Bar ($7).

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00.

Dining Credit:

$50 dining credit per person for guests 1 -2 on the reservation.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on specialty dining once on board.

Dining credit can be used towards specialty dining gratuities.

Internet Package:

Inside and studios after Dec 22, 2015:

100 minute internet package.

All categories before Dec 22, 2015; and Oceanview and above categories beyond Dec 22, 2015:

250 minute internet package.

One login per stateroom.

On Breakaway, stateroom receives an internet package of 100/250 minutes or 300/1000 MB of data respectively.

Internet package includes activation fee.

Onboard Credit:

Studio and inside categories can choose $25 on board credit per stateroom.

Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom, in U.S. Dollars, and will be applied to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom.

Onboard Credit has no cash value and is not transferable. It may not be used toward on board service charges or prepurchased activities.

Service Charges:

Prepaid gratuities, otherwise referred to as "Service Charges," applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom 3 years of age and up.

Guests are responsible for on board gratuities applicable to all other shipboard purchases.

Offer has no cash value and cannot be disputed.

3 & 4 Guests Sail Free:

Offer valid for guests 3-4 sharing a stateroom with guests 1-2 paying full fare.

Offer is a choice for Inside, Oceanview, Balcony & Mini Suites when applicable.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, and discretionary on board service charges are additional.

Offer only valid on select sailings.

3 & 4 Guests Sail Free dates are subject to change at any time without notice.

No deposit is required for qualifying 3 & 4 guests.

If there are guests 5 - 8 in a reservation, those guests will be required to pay prevailing fares.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the closing price of West Texas Intermediate Fuel increase above $65 per barrel on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index).

In the event a fuel supplement is charged, Norwegian Cruise Line will have sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge to both existing and new bookings, regardless of whether such bookings have been paid in full. Such supplementary charges are not included in the cruise fare. The fuel supplement charge will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day.

Norwegian Cruise Line is not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Ships’ registry: BAHAMAS and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. ©2015 NCL Corporation Ltd

Grid below reflects the gratuities guest is responsible for based on number of cruise nights.

When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to the dining, beverage and soda packages are included.

Guest Gratuities Per Person

Nights Speciality Dining Ultimate Beverage Soda Package

3 $10.62 $31.86 $3.51

4 $10.62 $42.48 $4.68

5 $10.62 $48.60 $5.85

6 $10.62 $58.32 $7.02

7 $13.32 $68.04 $8.19

8 $13.32 $77.76 $9.36

9 $13.32 $87.48 $10.53

10 $16.02 $97.20 $11.70

11 $16.02 $106.92 $12.87

12 $18.72 $116.64 $14.04

13 $18.72 $126.36 $15.21

14 $18.72 $136.08 $16.38

15 $18.72 $145.80 $17.55

16 $18.72 $155.52 $18.72

Reduced Deposit:

Valid: 6/1/2015-8/31/2015

Applicable Sailings: All 2015 sailings

Offer is for New individual FIT Reservations and New Group and FS Delegates booked outside of finalization. RQs are not applicable unless they convert to OF or BK within the booking window.

Qualifying new individual reservations can be moved into existing group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits. Promotion can not be held as group block.

Reduced Deposit is 50% off the standard deposit. Reduced Deposit does not apply to Haven and S1 categories.

Reservation must be assigned with names. Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions.

For reduced deposit reservations cancelled during deposit fee period, fee amount will be assessed in line with terms of booked promotion

Edited by maggieworkman

I find it quite surprising that a muti billion public corp like NCL can't get its public web site content correct and to function properly times and again. This sort of repeated mishaps spell sloppiness, lack of supervision and would not have been tolerated in a much smaller private company or office. Someone in NCL corporate has definitely fallen asleep at the switch and embarrassed their corporate image.

Regarding MaggieWorkman's post. Wouldn't you think by now they would be checking all their promotional literature that everything is spelled out clearly. I sure would hate to be a PCC at NCL since they are the ones taking all the heat on these inaccuracies. It still puts a sour taste in my mouth. Right now I have the $25 OBC from an earlier promotion and was looking forward to drink package or gratuities. Since they said no go to those now if I rebook I'm leaning toward the dining credit but who know what value it will have by the time 2017 rolls around.

Regarding sfaaa, I think it's worse than just an embarrassment. I think it's a loss of trust in NCL and their management. Was just reading how the captain on the Dawn wouldn't let the passengers know why they were staying an extra day in the Bahamas. Turns out it was a "scheduled" maintenance issue. Why not just tell them rather than let everyone speculate on what was going on. Why does it have to appear as if NCL is trying to hide something? This seems to be systemic in their cooperation. Just give me the truth. I can handle it!