Room Service - Gluten Free

ladygal4.4

Yes, Yes, I know...don't order room service. But seriously? :) I would like to enjoy all aspects of cruising gluten free. What have you ordered for room service that was really good? Any gluten free suggestions for room service? All meals

This may sound dumb, but I can't have yeast so I need bread that is yeast free. Are you allowed to bring on a loaf of your own bread? The one I use would need the small refrigerator. That way I could have room service and just switch out the bread.

I'm not a sandwich person and I love room service. I just eat the fixens without the bread...yummy. Other than the grilled cheese and the peanut butter it works just fine. Just ask them to bring a knife and fork and, if you so desire, a salad dressing of your choice.

I have Celiac Disease too. Everyone talks about how great the BLT's are from Room Service. I would like to try one. It would be nice if they would offer sandwiches with gf bread. Last cruise, one day the deli had gf bread, the next day they didn't. It was a little frustrating. :confused:

This may sound dumb, but I can't have yeast so I need bread that is yeast free. Are you allowed to bring on a loaf of your own bread? The one I use would need the small refrigerator. That way I could have room service and just switch out the bread.

I am GF and highly allergic to brewers and bakers yeast, so no bread on the ships nor any GF beers for me, nor any GF pizza. I just read an article that said a large percentage of celiacs are also intolerant of yeast. That may be why so many people do not improve, even on a GF diet, because they are still eating yeast.

I brought a loaf of commercially baked yeast free, gluten free bread on board once. Special needs said it was permissible as long as it was commercially prepared and the package was unopened, not homemade, and did not require refrigeration or any special care. I only ended up using a few slices and had to throw it out before we debarked because you can't bring any opened packages of food back into the US.

I haven't bothered since.

I simply don't bother eating sandwiches anymore unless I am at home and can use bread that I baked. FYI Pamela's has a yeast free recipe using her bread mix. It is the best of all those I have attempted to make. The Anna's Yeast free bread mix was awful!

FYI Room service will not deliver a sandwich on GF bread. You have to go up to the deli to request that.

I often will order a tuna fish sandwich without the bread or I order a salad from room service. I bring packets of my own salad dressing because they told me the only GF salad dressing was the balsamic vinagrette or oil and vinegar and I don't care for those.

I also usually bring some nuts and some Gluten free, yeast free crackers to snack on. When our grandkids are with us we bring a box of GF ice cream cones so they can feel somewhat normal. We also bring them boxes of GF cereal that they like and just order milk and juice and a bowl and spoon from room service.

Edited by DebJ14

I use Ezekiel bread which is in the frozen section. Candida has given me a lot of problems and I have had to do a full on detox. That was horrible. But you feel so much better. That also includes milk, milk has yeast also. The diet is very limiting. Thank you for the answer.