Complimentary Limo Service from NYC to Bayonee for Suite Guests

cle-guy

Does anyone have any experience with using this perk?

It's unique to Summit when in Bayonne, NJ from what I've gathered.

I'll be in NYC pre-cruise for an upcoming one on Summit.

I spoke with the MC concierge in April while on the Summit repo, and she didn't have any info to share.

I sure hope it is available in Oct 2016 in FLL. I'll be in the PH on Infinity for the 10/27 ABC islands cruise....

WAIT!!! I'm on the 4-day cruise before that cruise....

LOL.

It must be a new benefit. We had the penthouse when on Summit out of NJ and they did not offer it then.

Here's a link. Reading the article it absolutely applied last summer, but the language near then end remains unclear if it continues.

I swore it used to be mentioned in Suite Perks FAQ, as a "Q: Do suite geuests get free limo transportation A: this benefit will continue to apply only to Bayonne sailings" or something to that effect, but now when I pull it up it was modified May 2015, and I notice a lot of minor changes to the document too from a while back.

I spoke with the MC concierge in April while on the Summit repo, and she didn't have any info to share.

I sure hope it is available in Oct 2016 in FLL. I'll be in the PH on Infinity for the 10/27 ABC islands cruise....

WAIT!!! I'm on the 4-day cruise before that cruise....

LOL.

It was a perk that applied specifically and only to Summit out of Bayonne, for people within 50 miles of Manhattan and traveling in suites. It didn't apply to any other ship or sailing.

It was a perk that applied specifically and only to Summit out of Bayonne, for people within 50 miles of Manhattan and traveling in suites. It didn't apply to any other ship or sailing.

Yup; I know that.

If you re-read my post, you will see that it was on my Wish List....

We booked in february. The latest suite faq in effect at that time said the limo service "would be available to suite guests". When I questioned this, the X rep said it was available, they gave me a name of a limo company, but it would cost me like $200. (I can book my own for $99). I told her the faq was very misleading. She agreed, but I still would have to pay for my own transportation.

Edited by philpcruiser

I checked into this for my cruise last Oct. The "catch" was that it was also only applicable on Bermuda itineraries.

Jane

Here's the exact language from the 5/20014 Suite Class Flyer:

Will limosine transportation to and/or from the cruise terminal be provided for Suite Class guests?

No. This is not being offered- except for NYC-area residents sailing on Celebrity Summit to Bermuda.

Edited by JaneStarr

I checked into this for my cruise last Oct. The "catch" was that it was also only applicable on Bermuda itineraries.

Jane

Here's the exact language from the 5/20014 Suite Class Flyer:

Will limosine transportation to and/or from the cruise terminal be provided for Suite Class guests?

No. This is not being offered- except for NYC-area residents sailing on Celebrity Summit to Bermuda.

Thanks, and there's the catch. Oh well.

I generally fly in day of but as United has decimated their service out of Cleveland the last year, travel has become more difficult from here. SO arriving day before and staying join the city, so finally this perk might have applied.

Edited by cle-guy

Thanks, and there's the catch. Oh well.

I generally fly in day of but as United has decimated their service out of Cleveland the last year, travel has become more difficult from here. SO arriving day before and staying join the city, so finally this perk might have applied.

We stayed in Morristown NJ with our daughter, so it would've also been perfect for us. Oh, well!

I saved pdfs of the flyers. Will try to attach here for reference. Will probably need to get to my laptop instead of iPad.

Jane

PS Think I was able to attach. Go by the dates at the bottom of the flyer pages, not the file name. The file name that mentions April 2015 is the introductory flyer from 5/2014

The 4/2015 also mentions the limo:

April 2015 New Suite Perks 14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Edited by JaneStarr

And how about that for a magically disappearing suite perk. It was in the FAQ for a year, and removed the day Suite perks actually started! :mad:

I just noticed something else of interest. The current (5/2015) flyer that I just downloaded now shows Luminae guest fees different than the earlier flyers

April 2015 flyer shows:

...per-person, per-meal fee of $20 for breakfast (served from 7am), $35 for brunch (served from 10am) and $50 for dinner (served from 6pm)...

The current flyer lists the following:

...The fee per non-suite guest will be $20 for breakfast, $30 for lunch, and $50 for dinner...

Note that they switched from mentioning Brunch to lunch and reduced the price by $5.

Jane

I swore it used to be mentioned in Suite Perks FAQ, as a "Q: Do suite geuests get free limo transportation A: this benefit will continue to apply only to Bayonne sailings" or something to that effect, but now when I pull it up it was modified May 2015, and I notice a lot of minor changes to the document too from a while back.

It did. I still have a copy.

There was also an in Europe last summer for suite bookings. It was only available for certain sailings and it will get us from home to the airport and back at the end of the crusie. We have it booked for our October 2016 cruise from Rome (the Limo company actually contacted me 2 weeks ago to confirm it). I don't know why they didn't wait until 2016 sometime when I may be able to give them some idea of flight times.