Final statement post-cruise ?

JPH814

On Celebrity and RCI we access our statement from our cabin monitor.

On Princess, we go down to the lobby and access one of the self service terminals.

On HAL......we wait in line and waste the staff time.

Cannot understand why HAL has not migrated to either of these two systems...on line would be the better of the two. This is a very basic customer sat and cost reduction opportunity for a cruise line. They need to get in the game.

Edited by iancal

Bad luck. We have never had to wait in line for a Princess terminal nor would we bother. Never not had at least one of the two units (there may be more, I cannot remember) functioning properly. We would just come back another time.

We have had numerous Celebrity and RCI cruises. We can only recall one time when the on line system was down...and only then for a few hours (that we know of). What we especially appreciate is that it is paperless. Not to mention all the other data that is available on the system and the various functions that we can perform-room service, etc.

Much, much better than waiting in line at the HAL desk or the NCL desk...or any other for that matter. Plus...less on duty staff required at the desk and those who are manning the desk are working on actual issues instead of simply printing statements.

Bad luck. We have never had to wait in line for a Princess terminal nor would we bother. Never not had at least one of the two units (there may be more, I cannot remember) functioning properly. We would just come back another time.

We have had numerous Celebrity and RCI cruises. We can only recall one time when the on line system was down...and only then for a few hours (that we know of). What we especially appreciate is that it is paperless. Not to mention all the other data that is available on the system and the various functions that we can perform-room service, etc.

Much, much better than waiting in line at the HAL desk or the NCL desk...or any other for that matter. Plus...less on duty staff required at the desk and those who are manning the desk are working on actual issues instead of simply printing statements.

For us, it is yet another demonstration of HAL's seeming unwillingness to invest in their product or in customer satisfaction.

I wouldn't wait in line either. I've found it pretty quick to get a statement. As long as you don't go down on the first day or the last full day I've found them to be pretty quick at the front desk.

Most of my experience on princess has been on the sapphire. Maybe other ships have kiosks that work better. I always get behind someone that wants to go over their entire statement while standing in front of the kiosk.