VOOM Internet Allure

So, if I buy the $15 a day package for one device, say my ipad, can I log out, and then use the same log in for my iphone? As long as I only log in with one device at a time. Right? (I am Emerald, so I'm guessing I get no discount)

Schhhhh....

Keep it quiet, but I was able to connect with 3 devices on the single device package! That was on the TA last Oct.

• 2 weeks later...
See answers in RED above.

So far, there is no reason to buy pre-cruise. You can only apply your discount when you purchase on the cruise.

I think it makes a difference for Canadians like me. The price pre-cruise is $14.39 x 7 = $101 CAD. However on-board we are charged in USD, which would be either $15 x 7 = $105 USD, or $15 x 6 = $90 USD depending on when you buy. With my Gold member discount of 10%, that brings it down to $81-$95 USD. But the current conversion rate kills it at 1.3773 USD to 1 CAD, bringing the cost if I buy on-board to $111-$131 CAD.

• 2 weeks later...
I have never used Voom before. Can someone please explain the best way to IM between iPhone and Android while on the Allure? I just want to be able to send text messages with family members while on board. Thanks.

You would need a common internet texting app, such as WhatsApp. Some also use Facebook or Google Hangouts. Each phone would need access to the ship's WiFi service, which would cost extra.

I have never used Voom before. Can someone please explain the best way to IM between iPhone and Android while on the Allure? I just want to be able to send text messages with family members while on board. Thanks.

P.S. When I sailed on the Quantum, they had a Royal IQ app that we used to send messages. Is there something similar on the Allure?

P.S. When I sailed on the Quantum, they had a Royal IQ app that we used to send messages. Is there something similar on the Allure?

Unfortunately, Royal IQ is still only available on Quantum class.

Can anyone tell me...

We're a family of 5 with 2 teens who have phones. We'll be in two staterooms on the Allure and I am seeing an "unlimited family plan - 4 devices" for $40/day per adult per day. When I "add to cart" it gives me the option of choosing multiple people in the stateroom before adding to cart, but my question is... do I need to add it to more than one person or will the one person cover 4 devices for the $280 and I can give the code to my 2 daughters for their 2 phones and my husband and I for our 2 phones for a total of 4 devices under one person's family plan?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but hoping someone here can help clarify how that unlimited family plan works since the "per person per day" seems a little confusing.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me...

We're a family of 5 with 2 teens who have phones. We'll be in two staterooms on the Allure and I am seeing an "unlimited family plan - 4 devices" for $40/day per adult per day. When I "add to cart" it gives me the option of choosing multiple people in the stateroom before adding to cart, but my question is... do I need to add it to more than one person or will the one person cover 4 devices for the $280 and I can give the code to my 2 daughters for their 2 phones and my husband and I for our 2 phones for a total of 4 devices under one person's family plan?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but hoping someone here can help clarify how that unlimited family plan works since the "per person per day" seems a little confusing.

Thanks!

You only need to choose one person for the 4 device plan and it can be shared between any number of devices as long as only 4 are logged in at the same time.

Edited by clarea

Unfortunately, Royal IQ is still only available on Quantum class.

You only need to choose one person for the 4 device plan and it can be shared between any number of devices as long as only 4 are logged in at the same time.

Thank you sooo much for the speedy reply!

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased Voom for Oasis next week with an online price of $10.50 per day. Total came to $73. Not sure if the 30% discount was due to C&A or if it's an open offer.

Does anyone know if Voom restricts use of the call over wifi option on newer iphones? It should work unless RCCL has intentionally blocked it.

Just purchased Voom for Oasis next week with an online price of $10.50 per day. Total came to $73. Not sure if the 30% discount was due to C&A or if it's an open offer.

Does anyone know if Voom restricts use of the call over wifi option on newer iphones? It should work unless RCCL has intentionally blocked it.

Call over WiFi was working on Oasis this past September.

• 1 month later...

Advice is needed on a advance VOOM purchase.

There is a weekly rate for one device at $63 for web and $88 for web and video.

There are two of us who only will occasionally use each of our devices. Does RC restrict the use of a "pw" to a single device, or will we be able to "share" the "pw" when the other isn't being used?

Or am I going to have to buy for each device?

Lastly, are the prices above for a 7 day cruise less than the onboard prices?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
Explorer of The Seas

At last report, there is no significant difference between surf and surf & stream on Explorer. They are both slow.

Edited by clarea

At last report, there is no significant difference between surf and surf & stream on Explorer. They are both slow.

and a high ping rate. Even if Explorer had O3B VOOM, it would not help on its Alaska runs since it's out of normal (high speed Internet) range.

Edited by Biker19

Used VOOM last year on Oasis and loved it. It was the first time I used wifi on a ship.

Going on Allure in 12 days (!!). I know they changed the packages. I want to take advantage of the 30% off. My dd and I (separate rooms) will be using the wifi/streaming on our phones.

Do you think it's best for me to purchase the one person, 2 device plan? Or the 2 people, 1 device plan? (We're in separate staterooms, but I'm paying for the rooms.) Not sure the best way to pre-order. Anyone know? Thanks!

Used VOOM last year on Oasis and loved it. It was the first time I used wifi on a ship.

Going on Allure in 12 days (!!). I know they changed the packages. I want to take advantage of the 30% off. My dd and I (separate rooms) will be using the wifi/streaming on our phones.

Do you think it's best for me to purchase the one person, 2 device plan? Or the 2 people, 1 device plan? (We're in separate staterooms, but I'm paying for the rooms.) Not sure the best way to pre-order. Anyone know? Thanks!

One person, two-device plan will be less expensive. Just pre-order a two-device plan for yourself and you can share it with whoever you like.