VOOM Internet Allure

Ok, my mind is mush right now with packing for a cruise...could someone help me with thinking this through? We have two cabins booked, both as diamond....my husband in one and me in the other. Are we both entitled to 29.99 discount? I log on for two days and then he logs on for two days, then one of us buys the remaining days??

Sorry not the OP but the person that I initially replied to in post 45

OK, so the answer to this one is that firstly the voucher is per Diamond member, and nothing to do with whether you are in the same or different cabins.

You can purchase the $15 per day package any time from Day 1, but it must be purchased for the remainder of the cruise. So if you buy on Day 1 it will be 7 x $15 and if you buy on day 3 it will be 3 x $15.

If you use one of your coupons early in the cruise, it will only buy a consecutive 24 hours so, depending on the itinerary and availability of wifi in ports, the best way to make use of the 2 coupons would be to apply one part way through day 2 which will cost $29.99 and will last for 24 hours. Then use the other coupon for the remainder of the cruise, either from day 3 or from day 4, when it will cost $15 per day for the remainder of the cruise - minus the $29.99 value of the second coupon.

It's worth noting that they sometimes have different offers towards the end of the cruise. For instance I had saved a coupon earlier in the year to spend $29.99 on my last 2 days and they did an offer for the last 3 days at $10 per day so I was able to get 3 days for $29.99

Edited by Bobal

Does anyone recall off hand what the a la carte rates are? We were last Oasis in December 2013. We are on Allure in February. We generally only need Internet to face time with our kids a couple of times so we may only use 10 minutes here or there.

Does anyone recall off hand what the a la carte rates are? We were last Oasis in December 2013. We are on Allure in February. We generally only need Internet to face time with our kids a couple of times so we may only use 10 minutes here or there.

I believe it was something like $30 or $40 per 24 hour period.

Did you buy the second device special? If so' date=' did you get a separate login for the second device?[/quote']

Yes we bought the second device special. You have to configure two different login accounts to use on each device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you buy the second device special? If so' date=' did you get a separate login for the second device?[/quote']

Unless you both need to be on two devices at the same time you can buy a one device package and just log off from one device and onto the other. In fact last week on Oasis we were able to use two devices at the same time on one package. We didn't even use our second internet voucher.

This is where RC have been crafty (and greedy) though, as they no longer have a 24 hour, or even a 1 hour, package whereby you can just dip in and out as you like. The lowest package they have is $29.99 for a continual 24 hour period, or else pay the per minute rate :(

Do you know if you can turn on the wifi hot spot on your iPhone to use another device ?

I believe that to use the phone as a WiFi hotspot, you must be getting internet access via cellular. That would be very expensive and very slow at sea.

Great info here for my January Oasis cruise, just a quick clarification, I thought there were some postings about the Diamond discount going to $40? Has this not been confirmed?

I believe Ken had the idea that the discount is $40 on ships without Voom and $30 on ships with Voom (only Oasis and Quantum classes at present).

• 2 weeks later...
My DH and I are Diamond members. Can we get a BOGO 1/2 and share with my Son and his family who are in different staterooms? We want to each purchase a package and give the 1/2 off to our family.

Txs

Yes. You can purchase the 2 device package and give the access code to your son.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading through the thread, I have a much better understanding of how the Voom packages work, but I had a couple of questions:

- From what people have said, if I buy a 1 device package before I sail (on the Allure), the un-discounted price (I am Gold CA) would be $105 ($15 x 7). If I wait until the 1st morning and buy the "rest of cruise package" ,the price would then be $90 ($15 x 6)? Is that correct?

- Is the 50% discount for a 2nd device only available if you're buying the cruise package on the first day (or pre-cruise), or is it always available?

Thanks,

Harry

After reading through the thread, I have a much better understanding of how the Voom packages work, but I had a couple of questions:

- From what people have said, if I buy a 1 device package before I sail (on the Allure), the un-discounted price (I am Gold CA) would be $105 ($15 x 7). If I wait until the 1st morning and buy the "rest of cruise package" ,the price would then be $90 ($15 x 6)? Is that correct? Yes.

- Is the 50% discount for a 2nd device only available if you're buying the cruise package on the first day (or pre-cruise), or is it always available? I've seen the 50% discount available on the second day, but not on the last day. I don't know what day it becomes unavailable.

Thanks,

Harry

See answers in RED above.

So far, there is no reason to buy pre-cruise. You can only apply your discount when you purchase on the cruise.

See answers in RED above.

So far, there is no reason to buy pre-cruise. You can only apply your discount when you purchase on the cruise.

Thanks for the reply - between the discount and using our OBC, we will definitely be waiting until we board. My main motivation was making sure I could save some money by buying on Day 2 but still getting the 2nd device for 50% off... :)

• 1 month later...

So, if I buy the $15 a day package for one device, say my ipad, can I log out, and then use the same log in for my iphone? As long as I only log in with one device at a time. Right? (I am Emerald, so I'm guessing I get no discount)

So, if I buy the $15 a day package for one device, say my ipad, can I log out, and then use the same log in for my iphone? As long as I only log in with one device at a time. Right? (I am Emerald, so I'm guessing I get no discount)

Correct, one device means one device at a time. Any number of different devices can use the same account.

You do get a discount, but I don't know the exact amount. However, you only get the discount if you purchase the package on board.

Correct, one device means one device at a time. Any number of different devices can use the same account.

You do get a discount, but I don't know the exact amount. However, you only get the discount if you purchase the package on board.

Thank you so much! I will purchase once we get on board!