Scuba during Cruise (Dec 19 - 26) 2015

I am new to scuba and just completed my OW and want to scuba during my cruise here are the ports of call, any suggestions? Any way, forum, to find others who are wanting to dive as well?

Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

St. Thomas, USVI

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Grand Turk

Of your ports the only one I've dove was St. Thomas. We used Blue Island Divers there, and they were fine. They pick you up more or less at the ship, which was convenient. Next time there I'm tempted to shore dive out at Coki Beach. I've heard good things about Grand Turk. Reportedly there's not much close to SJ in Puerto Rico.

Here on Cruise Critic, the best way to find dive buddies is sign up in the roll call forum for your particular cruise. When I do that I both put that I am interested in diving, and search the forum for the word "scuba" to see if others have already posted. Naturally you want to use the words "scuba" "dive" and "diving" in your post so others can easily find you.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

I am new to scuba and just completed my OW and want to scuba during my cruise here are the ports of call, any suggestions? Any way, forum, to find others who are wanting to dive as well?

Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

St. Thomas, USVI

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Grand Turk

Of these four, I've been diving in St. Thomas and Grand Turk. We used St. Thomas Diving Club and Grand Turk Diving Co. and had great experiences with both. I would definitely dive with either dive op again the next time we are there.

St. Thomas and Grand Turk!!! You will have a great time. Let the boat know that you are a newly certified diver & you will be fine. Be up front with you dive partner about your experience and expectations on the dive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by LindaSSF

We've done St Thomas with Blue Island several time. They pick you up at the end of the dock. Never been disappointed. As already suggested, just let the DM know. They use small boats, 8 or less, and the DM pretty much keeps everyone together anyway.

Did GT once. Nice dive but the lion fish have done a number on the fish population there. The DM took care of about a dozen while on the dive. Can't remember who we used, but it was a short walk from the dock in a resort with a white block fence. They did a good job as well, and also used small boats. There was only 1 other couple with us that day.