Cape Liberty Disembarking taxis

NSAHO79

We are considering a cruise on the Quantum of the Seas but after TWO major headaches trying to get a taxi from the "Other" Manhattan cruise port we are very wary of trying it again. So, do taxis come right to the cruise terminal in Cape Liberty (Bayonne) to pick up passengers on disembarkation day? Or do you have to drag all your luggage to some other place to find a cab? We usually go in the winter so waiting around outside is not an option. Thanks for any info.

We are considering a cruise on the Quantum of the Seas but after TWO major headaches trying to get a taxi from the "Other" Manhattan cruise port we are very wary of trying it again. So, do taxis come right to the cruise terminal in Cape Liberty (Bayonne) to pick up passengers on disembarkation day? Or do you have to drag all your luggage to some other place to find a cab? We usually go in the winter so waiting around outside is not an option. Thanks for any info.

Aloha :D

138east/Carol has mentioned a taxi dispatcher at the Cape Liberty terminal several times in her posts, so I would look for him. If you call the http://www.cruiseliberty.com/ phone number on their website, someone should be able to give you detailed info. that you could post on this thread for others to use. We're using a car service so I haven't researched taxi locations at the port.

Aloha :D

Edited by rakuroda

Cape Liberty has a Taxi Dispatcher who is located across the drop off road in front of the terminal exit. You go there and tell the dispatcher where you want to go and they tell you a price and summon a vehicle for you. Livery cars are not allowed to randomly pick up passengers unless they go through the dispatcher. That's why I recommend prebooking a livery car.

The winter can be iffy. I arrived in a snowstorm and the taxi dispatching area was a mess because there were not enough cars to fulfill all the requests. It was cold and snowing. I was able to escape only by becoming an add on to another ride, which I could do as a solo. I also was willing to go anywhere to get on PATH or the light rail, so I was very flexible.

Um, I HOPE you're NOT planning on QUANTUM from Cape Liberty...

Quantum is in CHINA... ANTHEM will be here this fall!:D

Yes, there will be plenty of cabs at the pier...

You will see the taxi/transportation dispatcher after you exit the terminal....if you just keep walking across the driveway into the center area, you'll see the booth....

DSC_0046_zpskyqpkr1z.jpg