Beach near Livorno port with taxis and facilities?

luv2gonow

The problem with recommending any beach in this area is that you are from the USA where we have great sandy beaches. But in much of Europe, they will call any strip of land adjacent to the sea a beach. So knowing the area we cannot recommend any beach that will meet your specification. There are some decent sandy beaches (with facilities) about 60 miles south in the area of Grosseto, but that is quite a distance by taxi. Personally we would much prefer Robert Moses State Park :)

Hank

Cruising in Europe is NOTHING like cruisng in the Caribe...ports are usually very industrial and very seldom will you find beaches nearby as Hank said and then the water and sand would be iffy. Beaches even in the south of France are generally rocky not sandy although Spain has some great beaches. If you are looking for a day in the sun stay on the ship.I am aguessing you do not want to go to Florence???

Thanks, I can appreciate what you mean... I live in Long Island, NY with amazing beaches.

I am on a land tour in Rome now that I booked thru NCL before cruise.

We had 2 nights Venice, 2 nights Florence and 3 nights Rome.

Sitting at a cafe right now with a glass of wine... Life is good!!!

We are boarding the Epic tmrw and was hoping for a relaxing 1st port.

We did Pisa and Florence.... Don't want the craziness (and hot hard work of cinque terre... So I am unsure what to do in Livorno.

Any suggestions for a nice relaxing scenic day near Livorno that I can easily access a taxi back to port?

Thanks

Kerri

Thanks, I can appreciate what you mean... I live in Long Island, NY with amazing beaches.

I am on a land tour in Rome now that I booked thru NCL before cruise.

We had 2 nights Venice, 2 nights Florence and 3 nights Rome.

Sitting at a cafe right now with a glass of wine... Life is good!!!

We are boarding the Epic tmrw and was hoping for a relaxing 1st port.

We did Pisa and Florence.... Don't want the craziness (and hot hard work of cinque terre... So I am unsure what to do in Livorno.

Any suggestions for a nice relaxing scenic day near Livorno that I can easily access a taxi back to port?

Thanks

Kerri

You could take the train to Lucca...read the board for more info on this and possible some other ideas OR you could just stay on the ship and have it all to yourselves:D