"Hump cabins" and on-line deck plans

jan-n-john

All the hump cabins on the "S" ships have a bit of extra space on the balconies, but they are not the same -- the hump cabins are actually arranged in pairs, and in each pair the one closer to the wider part of the ship has a larger balcony than the member of the pair closer to the narrow part of the ship. Most deck plans that are available on-line don't depict this quirk in the layout accurately, including Celebrity's own. I did once find a deck plan somewhere that shows it accurately, but now I am unable to find it again. If anyone out there knows what I'm talking about and can post a link to an accurately drawn deck plan, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Edited by jan-n-john

All the hump cabins on the "S" ships have a bit of extra space on the balconies, but they are not the same -- the hump cabins are actually arranged in pairs, and in each pair the one closer to the wider part of the ship has a larger balcony than the member of the pair closer to the narrow part of the ship. Most deck plans that are available on-line don't depict this quirk in the layout accurately, including Celebrity's own. I did once find a deck plan somewhere that shows it accurately, but now I am unable to find it again. If anyone out there knows what I'm talking about and can post a link to an accurately drawn deck plan, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Here's a thumbnail that someone posted that shows the hump veranda proportions. This is Deck 9. Decks 6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12 are all the same although some of the higher decks may have suites that take up several balconies, but you get the idea from this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Actually, the cabins you are referring to are "off the hump" - either forward or aft of the hump. 1st & 3rd counting away from the hump are the largest.

I personally have never seen a "to scale" deck plan.

Actually, the cabins you are referring to are "off the hump" - either forward or aft of the hump. 1st & 3rd counting away from the hump are the largest.

I personally have never seen a "to scale" deck plan.

Well yes, it's the cabins in the intermediate zone if you will -- but my impression is those are the cabins most folks are talking about when they talk about hump cabins, certainly in the context of a larger balcony. The cabins on the true hump of the ship have balconies that are not different from the regular cabins. And yes the 1st and 3rd when counting away from the hump are the ones with the larger balconies. I wanted a diagram because it makes it easier to explain to someone else (picture worth 1,000 words).

And here is a thread that shows what you are referring to. I think there is also a diagram and more photos on some of the other pages. Post #906 has some good pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=46

Yes that's a great thread and I'm glad you resuscitated it for me, but I'm looking for a deck plan drawing.

Check the deck plan/photo near the bottom of these posts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36359177&postcount=17

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39909361&postcount=907

(These are from the thread referenced in Post #4)

Ah yes. The post showing the photo of the hump with the part of the deck plan superimposed on top is clear. It appears whomever created that thread/post lifted the deck plan segment from a web site that shows the type of accurate deck plan drawing I'm looking for.

BTW, I wish I had the computer skills to do what that person did in that thread.

Glad it helped. I found that entire thread helpful before we sailed on the Equinox.

One of the best threads ever on this forum, no idea why the mods closed it. If it had shifted off topic they could have just removed the off topic posts. I used to post pictures/comments on my various cabins, while the S-Class cabin sticky is great, sometimes you just have to see what you are looking for.

Glad the OP got a picture and a diagram. I'm staying in my first angle cabin soon (although the one with the smaller verandah), can't wait.

One of the best threads ever on this forum, no idea why the mods closed it. If it had shifted off topic they could have just removed the off topic posts. I used to post pictures/comments on my various cabins, while the S-Class cabin sticky is great, sometimes you just have to see what you are looking for.

Glad the OP got a picture and a diagram. I'm staying in my first angle cabin soon (although the one with the smaller verandah), can't wait.

Unfortunately it got pretty nasty and contentious the longer it went on. Not sure why people found some posts so objectionable (differences of opinion perhaps?), but I'm sure that's why it got closed. There was a lot of useful information there.

Edited by gimletgal

IMHO, the so very slight difference in size of those couple hump cabins is not worth the time to take the chance of waiting to book reachersing them, and then neither one then being available. It is mearly inches, not 2-3-4-5 feet.

We will book any angle hump cabin, that offers the best cost per day.