setting up sign and sail

rahulg

is it possible to link the sign and sail card to a credit card before departing. if so is there any activation that needs to happen once on board or can i just start using it?

i've been reading about the card and people have posted tips on how to activate the card with cash quickly by going late at night but no one mentions using a credit card.

When you check in online prior to boarding you can link your credit card. It's very easy.

Everyone in the cabin has to be linked to some sort of payment I believe. But it's super easy to do that and you have options as to whether or not each person in the cabin can make purchases with the card. Or each person in the cabin can be linked to their own credit card as well.

Simply present the card you want to use at check in and it will be used for everyone on the same account. If you want to use a different card for each person I think that they can do that, too. They cannot turn off a card if you don't want it used (i.e. for a child), that has to be done at guest services. (I think there is a spot in the online check in form that allows you do enter your credit card number, but I don't know if that is sufficient or if you still have to show it at check in.)

Edited by sparks1093

You can link your credit card beforehand while doing the online check in.

If you do this, you will not have to show your card at check in at the port, or worry about it again. You will just board and start using your sign and sail.

I have never had to show my credit card at check in at the port.

In my personal experience on 27 cruises on 4 different lines, we have always registered a credit card before our cruise and then we have ALWAYS been asked to present the card upon check-in at the port terminal.

I would definitely expect to be asked to present your credit card as well as your identification upon your check-in prior to embarkation at the cruise terminal.