Luminae?

CoronaCRZR

No. Had asked awhile ago with Celebrity. Give all suite and Aqua Class guests Select because their computer won't let them do anything else! (Can't make this up!!) You will dine at Luminae.

No. Had asked awhile ago with Celebrity. Give all suite and Aqua Class guests Select because their computer won't let them do anything else! (Can't make this up!!) You will dine at Luminae.

I have a traditional dining time on mine. I don't think they'd put people in Select because that would require you to pre-pay gratuities when the final payment was due. But, yes, it is a computer coding issue (one of many). I think this is why so many of the traditional dining times are "full" but that's just a theory.

I have a traditional dining time on mine. I don't think they'd put people in Select because that would require you to pre-pay gratuities when the final payment was due.
Same here, it should read traditional for SS even though it isn't.

Read through Kevin's thread on Luminae, great info, photos, everything you need to know!: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2235956

There is no designation on their website for Luminae (suites) or Blu (Aqua) so it will either read select (must prepay tips) or tranditional (no prepay). I had originally booked a balcony on our September cruise and has select dining, but upgraded to a suite and asked my travel agent to change it to traditional so I wouldn't have to prepay tips with final payment. I wanted to use OBC instead.

Either way since you are in a suite they know your designated dinning room is Luminae.

Is there a way to make a reservation for Luminae, for the first night, prior to boarding ship?

No but then there really show be no need. If, for any reason, the hostess is concerned, you will be asked when you would like to dine.

If you are concerned, just mention the time you are planning to go to your butler when you first meet him. If you are in a Celebrity Suite or above, you could mention it when the Concierge contacts you prior to the cruise but, again, it really should not be an issue.

Edited by Project_gal