Reduced Deposit?? How often....

Hi Everybody :) I have searched the forums, but cannot find anything about how often NCL does their reduced deposit fares. I know when we booked in November last year for this past summers cruise it was, but I am getting antsy and wanting to get our cabin rebooked for the Getaway for next summer!! I did see on their web site if you book for any remaining cruises in 2015, you can get a reduced deposit, but thats not gonna help us :confused: Does anyone have any idea of how often they run the reduced deposits??

I've not noticed any pattern for this. But we don't have to look anymore because we buy a FCC while on board. It will work as the deposit for any cabin except suites. Doesn't matter how much the deposit should be, the FCC works (aside from suites, of course).

Another way to do this, if you are short on cash to pay the full deposit now - is to get your hands on a Future Cruise Deposit/Certificate with a face value of $250, that is considered as full deposit for most staterooms. CC's do sometimes put them on sale here, at a discount or check out eBay or other cruise forums.

Another question, we sailed at the beginning of the month. I was not 100% that we would sail again next summer so I did not using the FCC. I have since misplaced or possibly threw in the trash.Is there a way to get another copy of this? Even my Mom and Dad had one and didn't use it. We must have been crazy!! Sure, when the deposit is $1,000 my balance just seem that bad...but it makes it so much handier on my wallet when it's half....:rolleyes:

Another question, we sailed at the beginning of the month. I was not 100% that we would sail again next summer so I did not using the FCC. I have since misplaced or possibly threw in the trash.Is there a way to get another copy of this? Even my Mom and Dad had one and didn't use it. We must have been crazy!! Sure, when the deposit is $1,000 my balance just seem that bad...but it makes it so much handier on my wallet when it's half....:rolleyes:
The paper is not necessary. We throw ours away on purpose. The FCC will be associated with your Latitudes account.

So I wanted to update.....I gave NCL a call today. It turns out we did not actually purchase the FCC....:eek::confused: Not sure what we done...but... you can purchase what they call a "Welcome Back" certificate for $250.00 to use for a future cruise. This must be purchased within 60 days of your sailing. So I used this to put down as my deposit for our cruise on the Getaway next summer. Excited for the western itinerary!! I was able to get the same exact cabin we had earlier in the month...creatures of habit we are :D Oh, I did ask about how often or when the reduced deposit would be and she said she did not have this information, I am sure it's not something they can advertise freely.

There are some large TA's that offer 50% deposits often but one of them has cancellation penalties. Might not matter to you if you don't expect to have to cancel or if you buy cancel for any reason insurance.

Just an FYI in case it is helpful in the future.

So I wanted to update....

Great, glad you got that instead, it's a time-limited deal as you know. I stand correctly, you will also/still get the $100 OBC, on the sailing you've now booked on to use. And, if you decide to get another one, another $100 OBC then on the ship.

And, don't quote me on this next one - you can use the $100 OBC from the "Welcome Back" and apply it to the next FCC ... sound complicated, let the others explain it better or correct as DW usually spend/use all of it in duty-free for cosmetics & photos, etc. with our available OBC :p and a few sodas at meal times (not into the UDP or UBP, or whatever it's being called next)

As for those 50% reduced deposit promo as I really don't consider them "sale" - just a deferral scheme, they tend to offer them toward the end of the month if bookings are running below targets, so maybe next day or two, keep your eyes out on those emails - more this morning ...

Edited by mking8288