Chakanaab questions

MrsWhite831

From searching posts here I see it's simple to do Chakanaab on our own, right? We are in port 11-7, it says on the site it closes at 4:00. Is that just for the attractions or will they boot us out at 4? Also, I see online there will be SIX ships in Cozumel that day... will Chakanaab be crazy busy? We're not booking any encounters but want to be able to enjoy the attractions without being elbow to elbow with crowds.

Thanks!!!

We were there earlier this month, and they definitely didn't kick us out at 4. We left about 435 and one wasn't able to even tell that the place was "closed"

Also Coz time likely won't be the same as ship time, so that will give you the appearance of more time.

As for the number of ships, we were one of 3, and truly didn't feel crowded at Chank at all. We arrived around noon.

Have fun- it's a great place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The $20 admission fee keeps the crowds down at Chank.

Makes sense, thanks!

My kids are 4,4 and 6 so as much as I hate the higher admission fee I like that there are "other" things to do besides snorkeling and inflatables- which they are too little for. Plus DH wouldn't agree to "just a beach day", so he can go tequilla tasting while I work on my tan :D

We went to Chankanaab last year and loved it. The snorkeling is wonderful, it truly is like being able to snorkel in aquarium. However, with three small kids, I agree with John that it may be worth it to look into an all inclusive beach package with a kids pool and here's why.

Chankanaab sits on a coral reef (it why the snorkeling is so good) so that means the vast majority of the "beach area" sits on an iron shore (read rocky) so that you have to take stairs into the water. This would not be something that the little ones would do on their own without life vests and an adults assistance as the water will be over the head and the water pushing into a rocky shore. The other option then is that they do have a "kiddie beach" with the more typical zero entry which is a quite small cove area between the snorkeling area and the docks. There is a small beach area to hang/play/lounge and a palapa bar also right there.