Ncl epic dry dock

Is the dry dock just to check the vessel and a new lick of paint or are there going to be venue changes within the ship

I went on the spirit before her dry dock then two weeks after her dry dock and there was zero difference

Just wondering if anything going to be added or changed

They are changing Fat Cats Jazz lounge to a Beatles inspired venue. Otherwise, they are loading on a new production show and just doing general ship touch ups from my understanding of it.

Ew, what the hell. Why would they take jazz off of a cruise ship, it's a popular staple.

I don't think it means no jazz, probably just changing the room layout to be more multi purpose depending on the acts they have onboard. I'm keen to know more about the production show, is blue man going??

I can't wait to see what changes.

We're on the last sailing before dry dock (20th September from Barcelona) and sailing again in March - when she'll hopefully still be shiny and newish!

Sailed her at start of July and the ship is still in very good condition!

Epic's getting new Magnet Tunnel Thrusters that you can read about here.

Epic has a far lower operating envelope for winds and currents than her podded fleet mates, so this might be a great addition depending upon where they are installed. She could really use more stern thrust during maneuvers in port. They'll be practically useless if installed forward.

NCL is extending the Norwegian Epic's dry dock by a day. This is after they extended the dry dock period by 7 days back in March.

"Norwegian Epic was scheduled for routine maintenance and upgrades that were to be completed by October 18, 2015. Norwegian Epic's dry dock has been extended by one day and, as a result, the 7-Night Iberian Peninsula sailing from Southampton that was scheduled to begin on October 18, 2015 will now change to a 6-Night Iberian Peninsula sailing from Southampton beginning on October 19, 2015. We sincerely apologize for this change and would like to thank you and your guests for your understanding."

June 2015 Norwegian Jewel

May 2015 Norwegian Sky

Apr 2015 Norwegian Getaway

Nov 2014 Norwegian Epic

Aug 2014 Norwegian Breakaway

Jun 2014 Norwegian Sky

Feb 2014 Norwegian Getaway

Oct 2013 Norwegian Breakaway

Mar 2013 Norwegian Star

Sep 2012 Norwegian Epic

Mar 2012 Norwegian Epic

Oct 2011 Norwegian Epic

Apr 2009 Queen Victoria

Aug 2007 Sapphire Princess

Jul 2006 Queen Mary 2

Jul 2005 Queen Mary 2

Mar 2003 Queen Elizabeth 2

Sep 1999 Queen Elizabeth 2

Sep 1996 Queen Elizabeth 2

Oct 1992 Queen Elizabeth 2

Edited by BirdTravels

Ive just seen the NCL cruise from Southampton to Barcelona which was due to depart on the 18th of October has now been changed to leave on the 19th and has gone from a 7 night cruise to a 6 night cruise. Where do we stand with this? I understand they are entited to change itenary but shortening the cruise is another story!! We have flights and accomodation booked for the 17th as the flight on the 18th wouldnt have left us enough time to get to port etc. This is a first cruise for 4 of us, very disappointing!!

Ive just seen the NCL cruise from Southampton to Barcelona which was due to depart on the 18th of October has now been changed to leave on the 19th and has gone from a 7 night cruise to a 6 night cruise. Where do we stand with this? I understand they are entited to change itenary but shortening the cruise is another story!! We have flights and accomodation booked for the 17th as the flight on the 18th wouldnt have left us enough time to get to port etc. This is a first cruise for 4 of us, very disappointing!!

Hi come over to the roll call there is lots to read with regards to the changes and how its been handled.:rolleyes:

Ring ncl they should refund your air cost I was originally booked on the 18th oct med cruise then dry dock got extended so I moved to a Canary island cruise in November 10nts instead of 7nts [emoji3] but had my flights refunded by ncl ..........I then booked epic for next November 2016 med cruise and guess what that cruise got cancelled due to relocating I'm now booked onto the p&o Britannia transatlantic cruise to Barbados 14 nts but I get to go to the Caribbean [emoji568][emoji267]

NCL says that they will cover up to $300 pp air fare change (which is the change fee for most international flights - but would not cover any difference in fares) OR $150 for a hotel night (which is about what a "good" hotel in Southampton would cost OR 100% refund of the cruise fare (but nothing for air fare) if you decide to bail on the cruise.

They are also refunding 1/7 of the fare as an onboard credit PLUS $50 pp onboard credit as a good will gesture.

This is actually MORE than they offered when they shifted the cruise 1 week back in March.

My gripe is that they are going into dry dock in 6 weeks, and are still screwing with the schedule.... after they already extended the schedule by a week in March.

I got them to reimburse my air fare change fee for the March change, but it took multiple calls, emails and almost 4 months to get the refund to me. Every time I called, it was literally "the check is in the mail - trust us".