What a huge mess!

Gatorfan01

Confused. I thought you were supposed to drive 12 hours to Miami to sail on the Ecstasy. Did the entire group get switched to the Magic?

No the rest of the group will remain on the Ecstasy. When they added me to her room, that bumped us to a waiting list. The ship is full. This was the best Carnival could do to get us on a cruise.

Sorry for the confusion!

From the original group, only my niece's cabin was affected when she added me. Therefore, only my niece, her son and I will be going to Galveston and sailing on the Magic. Everyone else (they didn't book with the TA but on their own) will be sailing on the Ecstasy on the 3rd.

It has been a horrible mess trying to get this handled but the TA and Carnival worked it out and Galveston/Magic was the only solution. It seems this is a very popular week to cruise on a Carnival ship. :rolleyes:

My boss is pretty lenient and I will be going into the office in the morning to take care of everything for the week I'll be gone. :)

This is a little confusing. When you paid to be added to the cabin you should have received an invoice listing all 3 passengers and paid in full. Having done this process before, I understand "how" it can get messed up but the invoice would have shown any price/payment discrepancies. Did you not get an invoice after the transaction that you can use to verify what was actually booked?

No, I paid the TA over the phone. It was a spur of the moment decision that I go and my charge needed to be paid ASAP. If she got the invoice, she never told us.

Maybe it happened because you're a Gator fan. GO NOLES!

Just kidding, couldn't resist. Lol! Seriously though, I hope everything works out for you.

LOL :)

Fortunately, it all did work out. The TA paid for RT airfare to Houston and we will be on the Magic. :D

I followed the original thread. Glad everything worked out. I am confused as to the others in the group. were they going to celebrate the birthday also or did your niece just book to be with them?? Either way, have a great cruise.

I followed the original thread. Glad everything worked out. I am confused as to the others in the group. were they going to celebrate the birthday also or did your niece just book to be with them?? Either way, have a great cruise.

She booked it just to be with them but as a present for her son for his 5th birthday! Now, he's more excited to be getting on an airplane that the cruise. :D

She booked it just to be with them but as a present for her son for his 5th birthday! Now, he's more excited to be getting on an airplane that the cruise. :D

Did they book your flights? You must live by an airport. Will the times be reasonable for departures to and from the ship? Are transfer fees included?

Did they book your flights? You must live by an airport. Will the times be reasonable for departures to and from the ship? Are transfer fees included?

We do live near an airport. The TA paid for our RT airfare and we board the plane at o'dark thirty tomorrow morning to arrive in Houston in time for the transfer to Galveston. We have to pay the transfer fee ourselves at $90 per person. :mad:

Despite all the stress and anxiety, we are excited to be going and we are going to have a great time. :D

The TA must have and carry what's called "Errors and Ommissions" insurance.

The TA blew this one.

Be polite, be professional, let the TA know that THEY and not Carnival will be expected to make you financially whole.

I agree with this solution. I once booked ideal cabins for ourselves and another couple...hump cabins, midship on another line. The best cabins onboard in that category.

All was good for months as we were making payments to the travel agent.

When I went to check us in online, the cabin numbers were wrong.

I called cruiseline - directed me to TA (First time I had used one, so I didn't know the routine. This was a group cruise and was the only way to book).

TA blamed the line for changing the room. I called the line back. They blamed the TA and said they couldn't do anything except through her.

Long story short - She refused to take ownership of her actions. Director of travel agency had to FORCE TA to give us a refund and would not back it himself, due to her own actions and being an independent agent of the company.

The refund check we received was from her personal account.

The cruise line actually went above and beyond and refunded the port fees on their own.

The kicker? As reported by another guest in the group on that sailing, the cabins we had chosen were taken by the TA and her BFF + husbands.