Early check in, free FLL shuttle and a crib

alliecatn1

Seems easy enough, right? :p

Flying into FLL at 4somthing am Dec 4th with our cruise leaving POM on the 5th. I think we've figured it will be cheapest to stay in FLL then use SAS or similar for a shuttle to POM the next day. So a few things that would be ideal... which of the hotels that offer a free shuttle have the earliest check-in? If they have a crib that would be the icing on the cake. I was looking at the FLL Marriot North, great rate with breakfast and a crib but no shuttle. I'd rather not pay for two shuttle trips since there are four of us and it adds up quickly.

Alternatively, we could take a shuttle straight to MIA but then we'd like a hotel with a free POM transfer and those seem to be more expensive than FLL by a pretty decent amount. Help! :D

Checking in that early after a red-eye is very iffy -- you are better off reserving a budget room for two nights and letting the hotel know that you will be checking in about 5 AM.

Instead of a shuttle to the Marriott look at a cab - should be much cheaper and faster, even with the time spent installing and uninstalling a car seat.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.

Checking in that early after a red-eye is very iffy -- you are better off reserving a budget room for two nights and letting the hotel know that you will be checking in about 5 AM.

Instead of a shuttle to the Marriott look at a cab - should be much cheaper and faster, even with the time spent installing and uninstalling a car seat.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.

Installing TWO carseats. Fun, ehe? Lol! So get a cab to a FL hotel or just head straight to Miami? The never-ending question, right? Miami seems easier it's just so much more expensive. I feel like previously we just stayed in Hollywood but I don't recall why we made that choice. That was long before kids though.

Forget about using a shuttle as they charge per person. It is cheaper to take a cab for the 4 of you. Looking at hotels with a free shuttle limits your selection of hotels.

Is that even the case heading to POM? I know we can do a shuttle for $13-15pp. No idea how much a cab would be all the way from FLL to POM. Those unknown numbers always scare me.

Is that even the case heading to POM? I know we can do a shuttle for $13-15pp. No idea how much a cab would be all the way from FLL to POM. Those unknown numbers always scare me.

Cab from FLL to downtown Miami/POM will be about $75-80+tip. Not a bad option if you are transporting 4+ passengers - van & SUV cabs are the same fare as standard cabs.

You do not want a rental car in downtown Miami - traffic is a mess and parking at most hotels is $25-30+/day.

In your situation you could rent a car at FLL use it to get to your hotel, dining, etc. and then drop the car the next day at the MIA airport and (if you rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty) ride their free shuttle to POM. Avis, Budget and Hertz have downtown locations close to POM - drop bags and passengers at the port and then one driver returns the car; if no shuttle is offered a taxi will be about $12.