Liquid rule question

fedup129

Hello all! We cruise in 16 days out of Baltimore, there are 12 of us and we can't wait!! I have a question. With the new liquid rules we ordered bottled water to be delivered to our cabin, we (each adult over 21) will be bringing a bottle of wine with us, that hasn't changed. Here's my question. We are bringing a 4 year old with severe food allergies and we want to bring juice boxes that we know are safe for her to drink. Is there a "limit" to what we can bring, or is there a rule that says we can't bring them at all?

Thank you for your help!!

From carnival.com:

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

I would assume juice boxes fall under cartons.

Maybe if one of your guests are only bringing on a bottle of wine, maybe they would be willing to carry on an extra thing of juice boxes for you.

I don't think it is an either/or proposition. I read the rules to say each person (over 21) can bring a bottle of wine (750ml) IN ADDITION to the 12 cans/cartons of soda, etc. Although I concede that is not clear in the rule, so I could be wrong.

My interpretation has always been that you can bring your bottle of wine and your allowance of cans/cartons (in accordance with the new rules). Therefore your easiest bet would be to have other carry the juice boxes on. Otherwise, I would strongly recommend contacting Special Services to see about a (written) exemption.