Carnival/Princess Shareholder

twinkle toes

I've only sailed Royal Caribbean a couple of times & as I recall their OBCs are not combinable which they are on Princess so that is another factor I consider.

Used to also have RCL shares but recently sold them and took the capital appreciation. The policy of RCL makes the OBC considerations far far less valuable for their shares.

Agree completely. Owning RCL shares is of very little value for obtaining a Shareholder Benefit unless you have no ther sources of OBC.

When I first began hearing of the Princess Military credit I assumed that since it has the same structure as the Shareholder Credit it was just an alternate way to get the equivilent of the Shareholder Credit. I was amazed when I heard that it too was combinable with the Shareholder Credit and the Future Cruise Credit.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Agree completely. Owning RCL shares is of very little value for obtaining a Shareholder Benefit unless you have no ther sources of OBC.

When I first began hearing of the Princess Military credit I assumed that since it has the same structure as the Shareholder Credit it was just an alternate way to get the equivilent of the Shareholder Credit. I was amazed when I heard that it too was combinable with the Shareholder Credit and the Future Cruise Credit.

Terry

Princess's practice of allowing multiple forms of OBC to be combined provides a major impact on cost of cruising with them vs other lines. Have 4 cruises booked with them next year with combination OBC from shareholder, veteran, FCC and sales total $2600. Now we will spend all of it onboard, and then some. But it does make for a nice sum for excursions and other activities.

I mark my desktop calendar for final cruise payment and then a few days later to submit the brokerage statement.

With the CCL shareholder's credit, military for DH, FCC OB booking, and any TA perks, they all help to mitigate the final statement damage$. Being able to combine all of them is yet another reason to sail with Princess.

Darcy

Has the CCL Shareholder's program been renewed for this year. I'd heard the dividend has been increased. Have not heard about the OBC being approved.

Thanks,

Lani

Has the CCL Shareholder's program been renewed for this year. I'd heard the dividend has been increased. Have not heard about the OBC being approved.

Thanks,

Lani

Yes, the shareholder OBC has been extended for another year.

The dividend has been raised from 25 cents per quarter per share to 30 cents.

Yes, the shareholder OBC has been extended for another year.

The dividend has been raised from 25 cents per quarter per share to 30 cents.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Lani