Splendor questions

Cruise4Jesus

Hello, we are going on the Splendor and have a few simple questions.

Do they allow you to bring on cases of water/soda with just a luggage tag attached?

Do they still serve lobster in the main dining room?

With the New England/Canada stops (Boston, Portland, Halifax, St. Johns) are you able to get just get o the ship and walk around?

Is breakfast and lunch still use the same brunch liners comedy menu?

Any don't miss things to do on the Splendor?

Thanks for any info.

Do they allow you to bring on cases of water/soda with just a luggage tag attached? Water is no longer allowed to be brought onboard. but they have reduced the cost in the Fun shops for delivery to your cabin. Soda can still be brought but it must be carried on and only cans are allowed now. No bottles.

Do they still serve lobster in the main dining room? Yes

With the New England/Canada stops (Boston, Portland, Halifax, St. Johns) are you able to get just get o the ship and walk around? Yes

Thanks for any info.

Edited by thomarvin

Do they allow you to bring on cases of water/soda with just a luggage tag attached?

Do they still serve lobster in the main dining room?

With the New England/Canada stops (Boston, Portland, Halifax, St. Johns) are you able to get just get o the ship and walk around?

Thanks for any info.

thomarvin answered some of your other questions. Yes the brunch menu is the same on sea days, slightly different breakfast menu on port days. No lunch food on port days, only breakfast. Food was great! Loved the Mac & Cheese with bacon and the tomato soup!

The Mongolian Wok and the Burrito Bar are both great! Mongolian Wok usually has a line, but it's worth the wait.

For the best tables in the lido area, head up to the Rotisserie on deck 10 - just above where the Omelet station/Burrito Bar is set up. There are always great tables - lots of windows - drink station, coffee, utensils, and tasty rotisserie chicken and salads at lunch. Good Mac & Cheese here too!

If you like Indian food, the Splendor has a Tandoori (included) at the aft pool. Also the Rum Bar is there and the Deli. We loved the aft pool area - it's adults only.

The Behind the Fun tour was great - last sea day. $95 pp, takes about 3 hours. Lots of walking, wear comfortable closed toe shoes. No cameras or cell phones allowed.

It's a great ship - my favorite!

I did forget to ask; is there are any self service laundry facilities on the Splendor?

Yes. I know for sure that there was one on deck 7 starboard side aft, and there are more on some of the other decks.

I did forget to ask; is there are any self service laundry facilities on the Splendor?

Yes, here is what they list:

Riviera Deck 1 – aft / across from 1425

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365

Upper Deck 6 – midship / across from 6391

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7339

Verandah Deck 8 – midship / across from 8381

Lido Deck 9 - forward / across from 9270

We went on the Canada itinerary. out of NYC on the Glory. For Halifax we just walked off the ship and walked around. The pier area has shops and restaurants. If you head that way you can grab a map from the information booth. You can walk up to the downtown area for more shopping. The Citadel is also within walking distance. We paid and went in - it wasn't very expensive and was worth the price. The Nova Scotia Hall of Fame was near the Citadel. Admission to this was FREE (there was a place to drop in a donation if you want). We had lunch at a place called "The Old Triangle Ale House". It was great. Food was delicious and prices were reasonable.

We went through "Roy's Tours" for St. John. It is a group of tax drivers that take you around town and then some. It is an entire day. The price is the same from 1 to 6 ($300) but you get to see a lot. They take you up to the Bay of Fundy and St. Martins. I believe that the marketplace he took us to was walking distance from the port. There is also a lot of other taxis waiting just outside of the terminal to take you to things like the reversing falls, etc... People are very nice in the area and are very appreciative of the cruise passengers. It is a big boon to their economy and everyone is very happy to help you and answer questions.

We were on the Splendor (also out of NYC) and loved it. Hope you have a great cruise!

The Cruise we went was a 5 day so we only stopped in Halifax and Saint John. If you aren't from Boston, you should definitely check out Boston. You can take a short taxi ride to Faneuil Hall and then everything else you can walk to from there. Boston is a great place with a lot of history and LOTS to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have a few questions. I appreciate your help.

-Embarkation day lunch in dining room?

-Breakfast and lunch in dining room on port days?

-Are daubers needed for bingo or can you use a pen?

-Is there a murder mystery lunch?

We were on the Splendor for the 4 day in June to St. John. Loved it. We had a spa cabin. The spa was incredible - great thalossotherapy pool. If you get a chance, check it out. Quiet, and well worth it in our opinions. Loved the entertainment in the Piano Bar, as well as in the main atrium. If you want to splurge, we did the Chef's Table, and it was fantastic. Ate at Tandoori and Mongolian Wok. I liked Tandoori more, but both were good. We also spent a lot of time at the Coffee House. Great milkshakes, specialty coffees. Loved the fact that the Lido pool has a retractable roof....great when cold/rainy :) We had done the same cruise before, so didn't need to see St. John this time, but you can definitely get off the ship and walk around there. It's a great little city. We had an awesome cruise....Enjoy!

Hi. I have a few questions. I appreciate your help.

-Embarkation day lunch in dining room?

-Breakfast and lunch in dining room on port days?

-Are daubers needed for bingo or can you use a pen?

-Is there a murder mystery lunch?

No lunch served in dining room on embarkation day. On sea days brunch is served from morning to early afternoon. Port days breakfast is served in the dining room. Last I sailed bingo was the fold out tabs, don't know if that changed and did not have a murder mystery lunch when I sailed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done this 7 day New England/Canada twice and I plan on doing it a third time next year. There is so much to do at each port within walking distance of the ship. I just grab a map at each port and do a walking tour. A lot of museums, parks, restaurants, bars, shopping and sea port activity at each port. You should do your research of each port before you go so you don't waste time and and energy walking to this is what you plan on doing. Just too much to do in a short time. I think Halifax is my favorite port with the Citadel and the Public Garden Park is really good. The City Market area in St John is another favorite.

I have been on Splendor 3 times. The ship is very clean with a great crew and very good food. The steak house is a must to do and worth the $35pp charge. I always did Your Time Dining and there was rarely a long wait. The EL Mohito bar aft on deck 5 is my favorite hang out spot. Splendor is my favorite ship. Enjoy your Splendor cruise.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Sea days brunch in the dining room is supposed to be the Comedy Brunch. What it turns out to be is having the comedian come out once per hour for maybe 5 minutes, tell a few jokes and disappear. We were never seated in an area where we could even see him. We found the brunch itself disappointing because it seemed hit and miss. Someone at the table could order the same item you had yesterday and it would come out looking quite different. The menu has not changed since they first started the brunch. On the 10 day cruise I was on out of New York there were I think 5 sea days and by the 4th one they had switched to a regular menu because of the complaints. Theme of the brunch is Mexican.

As for bingo, you do not need a dobber or a pen. If your number is called you push that number back with your finger. Bingo is very expensive. Do not be fooled when they offer a free cruise or some other stupendous prize if you get a full card in 45 numbers or so. Those of us who play bingo regularly know that the chances of that are over a million to one. I would bet it has never happened. At town bingos they look for a full card in 55 numbers and that doesn't even happen most nights. But at least it is a possibility. 45 NO! You've wasted your money.