Ultimate beverage package

LEAJO

Wonder if any one would able to clear something up for me.

We had a fantastic cruise Norwegian Jade Ultimate Med Cruise July 2015. We had the UBP and were charged 18 per cent service charge when we had a drink. Today I have been on Norwegian Cruise line Facebook page and they have post about the new promotions there is mention on this article about UBP and service charges. I posted the question do you still pay the 18 per cent service charge on bevearages and could a couple of replies. One person stated that they had the UBP and they paid no gratuities at all. I replied that I also had the UBP but we had to pay the 18 per cent charge. Another person posted the following.

If you booked the cruise before 4/30/15 the UBP promotion included the 18% gratuity.....after that date if you select the UBP promotion the 18% gratuity is paid by you with the final payment. You will see the 18% on the tab when you order the drink but it cancels out and you owe nothing more unless you want to tip extra.

What I want to know is this. I booked on CRUISE October 2014 inside cabins and then upgraded to a balcony on the 12th of March 2015. Should we have paid the 18 per cent service charge or should it have been paid for us ?

In March the UBP promo included the gratuities. The gratuities actually show up on every ticket, along with the price of the drink. This has led some people to report that they were charged tips when in fact, none of the charges were actually added to the shipboard account. So just to make sure: you are saying that the drink charges did not appear on your final bill but the 18% did? That should not have happened.

Regardless of how, when, where, etc that you received UBP, you should never be charged gratuity, because it is taken care of in some way prior to sailing. It does appear on each ticket, but is zeroed out along with the price of the drinks.

Are you sure you paid these amounts on your account? If so, that's a first. I don't even believe their accounting system allows this to happen. You need to contact NCL to review your account.

Are you sure it wasn't some kind of taxes or VAT?

Edited by LrgPizza

Thanks everyone. I hate to admit it but I am 100% wrong. I have not been charged the 18%at all. I have looked over my paper work after reading all your comments and realised I had not been looking at it properly. That will teach me. Thank you all once again saved me from making a fool of myself.

Thanks everyone. I hate to admit it but I am 100% wrong. I have not been charged the 18%at all. I have looked over my paper work after reading all your comments and realised I had not been looking at it properly. That will teach me. Thank you all once again saved me from making a fool of myself.

Terrific! It's a good mistake to make. Better than having been charged. :)

Good news! (and don't feel bad....everyone makes mistakes...:) AND with the way NCL does it's receipts...many people get confused ;)