Obc's for 25 cruises

antique sailor

AHOY SHIPMATES,

I AM CONFUSED........I HAVE 19 CRUISES COMPLETED AND 8 FUTURE CRUISES BOOKED (4 B2B)s 2... 5 days, 2 ... 7 days, 2... 5 days, and then

an 11 day and a 10 day.

Naturally I would like to use the 25% OBC on my most expensive cruise. I can still cancel some at no cost cause I booked Mil.

I read the explanation on FAQs on the Carnival website, ?? Then I called the booking number and asked how to do it and got a moment of silence and then was told to call GUEST ADMIN DURING NORMAL WORKING HOURS.

The_ nice_ lady I talked to could easily hold press conferences for the PRES. never did give me a direct answer.

English is my native language, I'm a HS grad, 3 yrs college, Retired NAVAL Officer, 76 yrs of living, and do the daily crossword puzzle etc. but

still don't understand exactly how to get my 25% OBC on my longest cruise.

Seriously HELP tks, PLS DON'T LAUGH.

sea ya

after you book your 25th cruise, you will get a letter confirming your milestone benefit.

you need to have effectively completed your 24th cruise, before it is redeemable. just because you have your 20-25th cruise booked, you do not get the benefit until you've completed the 24th. it's the same way that you don't advance to say platinum, until the cruise that 'earns it', though you will be platinum when you board - i hope that makes sense.

just because you have cruises booked through your 25th, you are not qualified yet, until you complete the 24th.

you can choose which cruise to apply it to. most people naturally do apply it to their most expensive cruises. it does not need to be 25th, and indeed you can save it for a 'more expensive cruise'.

also, if you're sailing with someone else who will earn the same status, you do not need to use the credit on the same cruise - most people stagger them between 2 cruises.

here is the faq - maybe with those clarifications (i hope?) it might make more sense?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/kw/milestone

AHOY SHIPMATES,

I AM CONFUSED........I HAVE 19 CRUISES COMPLETED AND 8 FUTURE CRUISES BOOKED (4 B2B)s 2... 5 days, 2 ... 7 days, 2... 5 days, and then

an 11 day and a 10 day.

Naturally I would like to use the 25% OBC on my most expensive cruise. I can still cancel some at no cost cause I booked Mil.

I read the explanation on FAQs on the Carnival website, ?? Then I called the booking number and asked how to do it and got a moment of silence and then was told to call GUEST ADMIN DURING NORMAL WORKING HOURS.

The_ nice_ lady I talked to could easily hold press conferences for the PRES. never did give me a direct answer.

English is my native language, I'm a HS grad, 3 yrs college, Retired NAVAL Officer, 76 yrs of living, and do the daily crossword puzzle etc. but

still don't understand exactly how to get my 25% OBC on my longest cruise.

sea ya

Until you actually sail on your 24th cruise, there is no use trying to apply for your 25th (Milestone) OBC credit.

Edited by Jamman54

You can use the 25% obc on your 25th cruise or after that. We used ours on our 25th so never received letter, but others here said you have until your 5oth cruise to use it. At the least you have 18 months but I would go with the 50 cruise deadline. Call the Milestone desk at 877-225-8477 for the correct answer.

We had our 25th cruise booked more than a year before sailing. Our 24th was a couple of months before the 25th so we called right after the 24th to get everything rolling. The obc doesn't show up until a couple of days before sailing in case the price decreased.

You will receive your white Milestone card on your 25th cruise even if you don't use the obc then. After that you go back to your previous color. It didn't use to be that way and we kept our white card until we became Diamond

The 25% obc is good for the base price for the person reaching milestone. You can use two together if you want. We did.

Call Monday and get it started. Congratulations!

AHOY SHIPMATES,

THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATIONS. Since we were doing our 24th and 25th B2B I was afraid I would lose the opportunity to use the credit on my most expensive one and the people at the ADMIN desk wouldn't clarify that I could request it after I had done the cruises. All I can do is hope.

Thanks for the info.

I have a question about this that I hope someone here can help me with. My 24th cruise will be the Splendor in January but it will only be my husband's 23rd. We have a BtoB booked on the Vista in Oct. My 25th will be the first one so after the Splendor, If I understand correctly, I can apply for my OBC for the first Vista cruise. We would like to use my husband's OBC for the second Vista cruise but his 24th won't be until the first one. If you can't apply for OBC until the 24th one is completed, is it possible to get his OBC for that second leg? I hope this isn't too confusing!!

Pat

Another really good thing, although it says must be used or booked (not sure which one) within 18 months, that's not true anymore... You can use it whenever you want... :) it doesn't really "expire" ...

AHOY SHIPMATES,

I HAVE LEARNED that it is good until,the 50th....must use it or lose it before the 50th when you get the 50%.

tks.

I have a question about this that I hope someone here can help me with. My 24th cruise will be the Splendor in January but it will only be my husband's 23rd. We have a BtoB booked on the Vista in Oct. My 25th will be the first one so after the Splendor, If I understand correctly, I can apply for my OBC for the first Vista cruise. We would like to use my husband's OBC for the second Vista cruise but his 24th won't be until the first one. If you can't apply for OBC until the 24th one is completed, is it possible to get his OBC for that second leg? I hope this isn't too confusing!!

Pat

AHOY SHIPMATES,

YES........according to everyone who has replied to my question and has personally done it.

call the milestone desk 1-877-225-8477, they know what to do. the credit doesn't go on until like 3 days before your 25th cruise. the obc is 25% of your cruise. you don't get to pick before 25, but you can pick after 25 what cruise you want to use the obc on hope this helps

call the milestone desk 1-877-225-8477, they know what to do. the credit doesn't go on until like 3 days before your 25th cruise. the obc is 25% of your cruise. you don't get to pick before 25, but you can pick after 25 what cruise you want to use the obc on hope this helps

AHOY SHIPMATES,

THANKS! sEVERAL OF YOU HAVE HELPED ME GET IT STRAIGHT.

sea ya

Pat

Hi Pat,

If everything goes according to plan, you can request your 25% OBC for your first Vista cruise after the Splendor cruise. You should receive the paperwork after your 24th (Splendor). Keep all the info so when you are on your 1st Vista cruise, you will have the info to apply for hubby's 25th cruise which is your next Vista cruise. GS on board will call the Milestone desk for you and since he is on his 24th and completing it, you can ask for the 25% to be applied to what he paid for cruise 2.

Sound doable to you? That's what I would do if it were me.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

an 11 day and a 10 day.

Naturally I would like to use the 25% OBC on my most expensive cruise. I can still cancel some at no cost cause I booked MIL.

sea ya

If you are going on all those short cruises first, you will have 25 cruises by the time you go on the 11 days and 10 days ones. They are probably your most expensive ones so no problem requesting the 25% OBC to be applied to one of them.

Hi Pat,

If everything goes according to plan, you can request your 25% OBC for your first Vista cruise after the Splendor cruise. You should receive the paperwork after your 24th (Splendor). Keep all the info so when you are on your 1st Vista cruise, you will have the info to apply for hubby's 25th cruise which is your next Vista cruise. GS on board will call the Milestone desk for you and since he is on his 24th and completing it, you can ask for the 25% to be applied to what he paid for cruise 2.

Sound doable to you? That's what I would do if it were me.

Mary, thank you so much! You always come thru with great advice and I really appreciate it!!

Pat