Boston to Quebec cruise

cruisy susy

Hi all CCer's ..In Oct we are arriving Boston late at night and stay in hotel a bit outside city. Then we head towards Quebec with a stop in Gilford , NH..arriving Quebec Oct 17. We don't know much about the East coast..we would appreciate any info on the area we are traveling through(things to see, hotels/B&B's, and pretty routes) thanks for any info. Cruisy Susy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It sounds like you're doing pretty much what we are. We'll be arriving into BOS around 3:00pm Friday Oct 16, renting a car, and driving to Manchester, NH where we will be spending the night. Saturday morning we'll drive the rest of the way, drop the car off at the Quebec airport, and take a cab to our hotel where we will be staying for 2 nights waiting for the Serenade which will leave on Mon Oct 19.

Saying all that don't know how much help if any I can give you concerning what to see. We were just going to take the limited access highways (I-93/I-91) north and hopefully see some fall foliage along the way.

Tim

Hi all CCer's ..In Oct we are arriving Boston late at night and stay in hotel a bit outside city. Then we head towards Quebec with a stop in Gilford , NH..arriving Quebec Oct 17. We don't know much about the East coast..we would appreciate any info on the area we are traveling through(things to see, hotels/B&B's, and pretty routes) thanks for any info. Cruisy Susy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So you're renting a car at logan Airport and driving a "bit out if the city". What area are you looking at to get a but out if the city? Tim and Kathy are driving out to Manchester, NH, which is about 1.5 hours.

Gilford is a detour off of I93 on Lake Winnipesaukee. It should be a very nice drive if you follow route 3 up towards Squam Lake and swing back to I93 north.

I haven't done the Quebec drive in years, but my recollection is that the mountains and scenery are mostly in the US in northern VT and NH. The I93 route goes through Franconia notch. When you cross into Canada, the land becomes a lot flatter and it is French farm country.