Barbados or Curacoa??

S.S.Oceanlover

I've never been to Curacao but I found the people in Barbados to be delightful. The island itself is nice, but not as tropical as the Virgin Islands.

One of the best excursions I've taken was the Jolly Roger Pirate cruise in Barbados. Yes, it is a booze cruise but the staff is great and the swimming is tremendous.

You can even swing from the rigging and plunge into beautiful water.

Barbado is one of my favorite ports. Beautiful flora and fauna. I have tons of pictures of flowers....so many types that I had never seen before. There are green monkeys there....so cute and we got to hold a baby one. The beaches were clean and beautiful and we had GREAT snorkeling when we were there. And.....if you go...you HAVE to try a flying fish sandwich! Yum!!!!

I recently visited in Curacao and it's not an island I would want to stay on. Barbados is a wonderful island with gorgeous beaches....and much to do on this island...great history and beautiful flora. The people of Barbados are so friendly and it would behove you to stay or visit this island.

OK you guys convinced me. Barbados it is. I am booked on the CCL Destiny next summer with stops in Aruba, and Barados.

I was toying with the idea of jumping ship to the AOS but the itinerary with the stop in Aruba which is a must doesn't stop in Barbados, just Curacao. I really like the Voyager class ships. OK I'll be sticking with the Destiny. I think my wife would shoot me anyway if I switched or even mentioned switching. :D

Thanks for your input.

Bill

Curaçao has a lovely colorful town accessable from the boat over a bridge built on pontoon, that opens at a right angle for ships to come in. Here's a pic:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166131536/166659929oQovuV

Afterwards, we found a beach to die for, similar to sections of the palm coast of Aruba, with out all the hotels. We were very pleased.

Bill - We did the Barbados route on AOS last summer (it sails every other week). Barbados was fabulous - also did the 4X4 excursion. We wanted to try a Voyager class ship. The ship was beautiful, but the food didn't even compare to Carnival! Also the fun factor was certainly not there. We did this to appease my 2 brothers and their wives who didn't want to cruise Carnival. Well this year we told them we are cruising Carnival next summer and you don't have to join us if you don't want to!!! Guess what? They are willing to try Carnival, and I hope they enjoy it. So Carnival Miracle, here we come!!!

Archived