Glory vs. Conquest??

cruziJenn

Hi guys! We are suddenly needing to decide if we want to change our existing booking from 7 days on Glory leaving from Miami to 8 days on Conquest leaving from Fort Lauderdale. Same date. Mostly I just want to know how the ships compare for anyone that's been on both.

Our current booking:

Glory, 7-day eastern carib...

Half Moon Cay

St. Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

??......

Conquest, 8-day eastern carib...

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

San Juan

Grand Turk

One thing, we have never been to St. Maarten or St. Kitts. The other things are that Conquest is 8 days and Fort Lauderdale is a little closer for us driving down.

The fare is only an extra $99, plus the $50 x2 fee for changing. My other half has a courtesy hold on the room until tomorrow night.

So what do you think? What would you do?:confused::D

Hi guys! We are suddenly needing to decide if we want to change our existing booking from 7 days on Glory leaving from Miami to 8 days on Conquest leaving from Fort Lauderdale. Same date. Mostly I just want to know how the ships compare for anyone that's been on both.

Our current booking:

Half Moon Cay

St. Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

??......

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

San Juan

Grand Turk

One thing, we have never been to St. Maarten or St. Kitts. The other things are that Conquest is 8 days and Fort Lauderdale is a little closer for us driving down.

The fare is only an extra $99, plus the $50 x2 fee for changing. My other half has a courtesy hold on the room until tomorrow night.

We have sailed both ships. The only differences between the two are: decor and lack of Serenity on Conquest. The physical layout of both ships is identical.

We have also sailed to all the ports. Given that Conquest is 8 days vs. 7 days on Glory...go Conquest.

Our current booking:

Half Moon Cay

St. Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

??......

St. Maarten

St. Kitts

San Juan

Grand Turk

We, too have sailed both and agree with the previous comment. Except for decor it's the same. And with St Maarten, St Kitts and extra day....we'd say no brainer...do the Conquest. Loved it.

:D

If you are beach people, then Grand Turk and HMC have the best white sand and aqua blue water.

Otherwise, the extra day sail.

Yeah been to Grand Turk twice and HMC once and I so agree with that. But it seems like both of those ports are so easy to get to.....and the only time that we have done 8 days we both agreed that the extra day is really great.

Thank you so much everyone! It hasn't taken long at all to get a good feel that we should switch to 8 days on Conquest....

We did the Southern cruise out of San Juan and considered staying on the ship in St. Kitts since it was such a port intensive trip, but in the end decided we wanted to get off since we had never been there.

BEST DECISION ever! St. Kitts was our second favorite island we have ever been to. St. Maarten is also a wonderful island!

Once again thank you all!!

If you've never been to St Maartin....go there. I'd recommend Bernard's Tours. It's a beautiful place.

BEST DECISION ever! St. Kitts was our second favorite island we have ever been to. St. Maarten is also a wonderful island!

We were on both Glory and Conquest in May and loved both ships. Take the 8 day Conquest. Be sure and visit the alchemy Bar.

Pat

and special thanks for these and any other recommendations!

Now if I can just get bf calmed down after his 45-minute phone call with CCL last night to get our rez changed :rolleyes: ......he had done that before on another cruise with no problems at all but this time they overcharged him the administrative fee x2 and he just couldn't get them to understand that. But that's a whole nother convo....

But anyway we're done with that and ready to rock n roll on Conquest for 8 days in October :)

Well, I am confused but maybe missing something. She wants to change cruises so would basically be cancelling the Glory. She is in penalty phase from what I see.

Wouldn't she lose her deposit for cancelling the Glory since it is only 73 days away?

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Well, I am confused but maybe missing something. She wants to change cruises so would basically be cancelling the Glory. She is in penalty phase from what I see.

Wouldn't she lose her deposit for cancelling the Glory since it is only 73 days away?

I'll field this one. I'm that "other half" she mentioned somewhere up there.

Yes, we were in penalty and I knew that, so I wasn't even sure I could do it till I called. But the first thing the lady told me was it would normally cost $250 pp to make the switch. But in the same breath she said she'd drop the fee to $50 pp. So I said great, let's do it.

Sad thing is, between her and another lady she grabbed for assistance (she was apparently a noob), they both somehow agreed (teamed up on me) that I would be paying $100 pp instead of $50 pp. I ended up talking to both of them, trying to make sense of how "$50 per person" somehow translated on the final bill to $100 per person. I dunno. Go figure. I paid $100 more than I apparently needed to for the switch. But apparently, "normally" it would've cost $250 pp, which I surely would not have paid.

But Yup, it did work, even being just 73 days out and with 100% of the booking already paid.

:cool:

Muchas gracias from me too for all your inputs folks. Happy cruising!

Edited by Moonarino