Second City on Breakaway

Gotts123

Second city was not every night, but there are a few different shows listed. There was an "all ages" improv show, a show called "totally at sea", an adult improv show, and an improv show called "game night". Hope that helps!

We went twice in November. The first was the all ages. The second was the adult only. They did the very similar skits. A little bit more risqué in the adult show, but very tame compared to other shows I have seen. That was partially caused by audience participants that kept their answers tame when give obvious direction.

I was just wondering if you have to make reservations for this show? It seems like most of the big/newer ships you have to have reservations for everything. :rolleyes:

We loved Second City on the Dawn 2 months ago (of course no reservations needed) and they had one of the shows in the theater and the other was in the Spinnaker lounge. Where are the shows on the BA?

I was just wondering if you have to make reservations for this show? It seems like most of the big/newer ships you have to have reservations for everything. :rolleyes:

We loved Second City on the Dawn 2 months ago (of course no reservations needed) and they had one of the shows in the theater and the other was in the Spinnaker lounge. Where are the shows on the BA?

Headliners Comedy Club

When we boarded the ship we used the NCL app to reserve one of th shows. You could not reserve online before boarding. You could only reserve one show even though there are a few different shows. However, we stood in the standby line for a 9pm show one night and got in no problem about 10 minutes before the show. So don't worry about it!

We didn't have a problem getting into any of the Second City shows. You can make reservations, but we never did. Some of them were standing-room-only, but for a 45 minute show, it didn't really matter that much to me.

When we boarded the ship we used the NCL app to reserve one of th shows. You could not reserve online before boarding. You could only reserve one show even though there are a few different shows. However, we stood in the standby line for a 9pm show one night and got in no problem about 10 minutes before the show. So don't worry about it!

I do plan on using the app this time again. Thanks for the info about being able to reserve it that way. So if you do a reservation, does that assure you a place to sit?

Headliners Comedy Club

Thank you.

We didn't have a problem getting into any of the Second City shows. You can make reservations, but we never did. Some of them were standing-room-only, but for a 45 minute show, it didn't really matter that much to me.

Thanks for the info. I have had to stand several times for shows, so I guess no biggie but a lot of times when it's standing room only, you are left standing in the back (so you won't block anyones view) and then sometimes it's hard to see...this is definitely one of those shows you must see their faces, what they are doing and the reactions because it usually gets pretty funny. :p

I do plan on using the app this time again. Thanks for the info about being able to reserve it that way. So if you do a reservation, does that assure you a place to sit?

I guess there is no guarantee. There are plenty of seats in a first come, first come format. It's not a problem.

I guess there is no guarantee. There are plenty of seats in a first come, first come format. It's not a problem.

Ok, thanks for the information. I just thought if they take reservations, that meant you were assured to get in and get a seat and anyone else left over would have to stand if there's no other room.

I appreciate the info. :)

• 1 year later...
Second city was not every night, but there are a few different shows listed. There was an "all ages" improv show, a show called "totally at sea", an adult improv show, and an improv show called "game night". Hope that helps!

i'm on an october BA cruise and just wondering if this is still how the different shows are?

i guess which to choose is subjective though. :D

i'm on an october BA cruise and just wondering if this is still how the different shows are?

i guess which to choose is subjective though. :D

Pretty much

the same, a kids show and 2 other shows that should be adult BUT, I do know one of them ended up being pg-13 because there were kids in the audience

Will the app work if I don't buy the wifi pkg?

Edited by Morris4me