BreakAway Haven Aft in 95 days - PCC experience so far - suggestions?

beandippa

Just wanted to drop a quick post. My fam of 4 will be cruising the Breakaway in a Haven Aft (12304 to be exact). I made a call to the PCC and they were great. Got me booked on the shows and restaurants I wanted. Only thing so far is they said we can't book Cirque yet. It doesn't show up online either, but I will just have the concierge on board get us in. They asked me if I wanted anything for the kids. They are going to empty the mini fridge and stock it with apple juice and milks for them. Had them ensure I have extra pillows too. So far, very pleased. Can't say anything bad.

Anyone have other ideas for cool requests I can make pre-cruise (or even when I am on)? This is my first ever Haven experience. :):)

Is Cirque available for you to book online if you log in to your account? Strange that it isn't available to you through the PCC. Check to see if Cirque normally sells out on the Breakaway. I have read posts about people not being able to get into the Cirque show on the Epic. You might want to try booking again before your cruise if a certain day/time is important to you.

Regarding your PCC requests -- please do not freak out if things aren't done when you first arrive. Turn-around day is crazy for those working in the Haven, including butlers giving tours of the Haven and taking them away from finishing up some last-minute details.

Our first trip in the Haven, our fridge was emptied. I don't think it was the second. We left a note and it was done before our case of water arrived in the room. Give them some time to finish the last-minute details while you explore the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm looking forward to hearing more replies to your question, as we'll be in the same type of cabin 10912 on the Breakaway next year. I do hope you'll post a review as well! It will be our first Haven/suite experience and any tips are appreciated!

Is Cirque available for you to book online if you log in to your account? Strange that it isn't available to you through the PCC. Check to see if Cirque normally sells out on the Breakaway. I have read posts about people not being able to get into the Cirque show on the Epic. You might want to try booking again before your cruise if a certain day/time is important to you.

Regarding your PCC requests -- please do not freak out if things aren't done when you first arrive. Turn-around day is crazy for those working in the Haven, including butlers giving tours of the Haven and taking them away from finishing up some last-minute details.

Our first trip in the Haven, our fridge was emptied. I don't think it was the second. We left a note and it was done before our case of water arrived in the room. Give them some time to finish the last-minute details while you explore the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the tip. We won't freak if that occurs. We are pretty easy going. I find it kinda funny at what people complain about in reviews. It is expensive and I do expect more in the Haven, but realize people are human and make mistakes, or, wait for it, forget sometimes. I find a nice little friendly reminder, not a mean one, can go a long way. In regards to cirque, I think I can wait. Hoping the concierge can 'pull some strings' if needed.

Just wanted to drop a quick post. My fam of 4 will be cruising the Breakaway in a Haven Aft (12304 to be exact). I made a call to the PCC and they were great. Got me booked on the shows and restaurants I wanted. Only thing so far is they said we can't book Cirque yet. It doesn't show up online either, but I will just have the concierge on board get us in. They asked me if I wanted anything for the kids. They are going to empty the mini fridge and stock it with apple juice and milks for them. Had them ensure I have extra pillows too. So far, very pleased. Can't say anything bad.

Anyone have other ideas for cool requests I can make pre-cruise (or even when I am on)? This is my first ever Haven experience. :):)

I'm in the exact same room (12304) on the sept 13th sailing. Maybe I'll try to hide a welcome note somewhere for you.

Also looking forward (impatiently :-) ) to our first suite experience, and in the Haven to boot. And happy if anyone wants to just over load us with details about it, lol.

I'm gathering that prior to sail date, I'm going to hear from a PCC or have info sent telling me how to contact one. Trying to figure out the acronyms. Is there a type of PCC that is unrelated to the suites? Like when I first booked, but hadn't paid the deposit, I got an email from an NCL "rep". After I paid I emailed to let them know it was officially booked, and the guy called asap. Once he clarified that I had paid my deposit, he literally hung up on me. I belatedly realized he was a commission based rep who only cared about me if he handled the deposit and got a commission for it. So not impressed. But here on CC I'm seeing posts that make me think there is also a PCC that is a concierge -- sounds like that is who OP contacted. I really wish NCL did a better job, once booked, of giving good what to expect info specific to cabin category. Maybe they did and I missed it.

For example -- I read that there were cordless phones for Haven guests to use around the ship. The mom in me wonders-- how many are there? Are they only for calling the concierge or can we use them to keep in touch with each other since cell phones won't be available. I've read conflicting info on Haven Courtyard hours -- is the pool closed at 11pm or open all night? I've seen both answers, several times. Which is correct? So have at it peeps-- give us details!!!

We're sailing in the Garden Villa on the Star September 6th. Our luggage tags were mailed July 10th. On the letter with the luggage tags there is a statement, "As a Suites guest, you can make special requests and arrange a variety of services and amenities prior to your sailing through our Concierge Desk. Call 1.855.625.4283, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST, or email NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com."

Someone from the Concierge desk called my mom this afternoon to see if we had specific requests for our suite. My mom let her know that the majority of our group drink diet sodas but that I drink regular so they will go ahead and stock diet and regular sodas. She was also asked about still or sparkling water so they could go ahead and stock that. And she was asked about pillow selection and the alcohol requests (in the Garden Villa you get 6 bottles of liquor plus mixers). My mom did request a blender for the suite.

Hope this helps out! We've cruised in the Garden Villa on the Pearl back in 2009 and had a wonderful experience.

Carrie

Only thing so far is they said we can't book Cirque yet.

You may be able to contact the Concierge desk with the information I provided in the above post and be able to book Cirque but that also may be an on board only option as far as booking. I have no experience with that so can't really comment but it's worth a call or email to the concierge desk.

Carrie

For example -- I read that there were cordless phones for Haven guests to use around the ship. The mom in me wonders-- how many are there? Are they only for calling the concierge or can we use them to keep in touch with each other since cell phones won't be available.

In the Garden Villa which has 3 bedrooms, there is a cordless phone for each bedroom and then a cordless phone in the living room. I couldn't comment on your suite since I have only stayed in the Garden Villa. We used the phones to contact each other on the ship and our steward, butler, and the concierge all gave us their phone numbers if we ever needed anything.

I've heard good things about the iConcierge app for your phone and communication onboard the ship. You will need to download the app to your phone prior to sailing and then there is a $7.95 (I believe) charge per device that you want to use. With this I believe you can either call each other or text each other while on the ship. I've provided the link below for the app. On that page, if you click "How to use the Norwegian iConcierge app" it will take you to a PDF with all the details about how to use the app and FAQ.

http://www.ncl.com/downloads/iconcierge

Carrie

Edited by cml4958
Additional information

Thanks Carrie!

How exciting-- the Garden Villa! Definitely a bucket list stateroom for me. It just cries out for a wonderful group of FAmily and friends to share it with. Have a great time!

We won't get as many options in a Haven Family suite, but I will certainly start jotting notes down for things I may want to arrange. Don't know what yet, lol, but I'll have fun thinking about it!

In the Garden Villa which has 3 bedrooms, there is a cordless phone for each bedroom and then a cordless phone in the living room. I couldn't comment on your suite since I have only stayed in the Garden Villa. We used the phones to contact each other on the ship and our steward, butler, and the concierge all gave us their phone numbers if we ever needed anything.

Carrie

I think the family suite has at least two-- I noticed some in a video of that cabin. I may ask the PCC if we can arrange more, since at least 3 would be fantastic with the way our family is likely to split up for activities

I think the family suite has at least two-- I noticed some in a video of that cabin. I may ask the PCC if we can arrange more, since at least 3 would be fantastic with the way our family is likely to split up for activities

I would be willing to bet that there is a phone for each bedroom and then one in the living area but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone else on the boards has stayed in the family suite (if we're talking about the 2 bedroom one) could provide better information.

How exciting-- the Garden Villa! Definitely a bucket list stateroom for me. It just cries out for a wonderful group of Family and friends to share it with. Have a great time!

It is definitely a bucket list item. I've been lucky that my parents did the Garden Villa on an Alaska cruise and now we're doing it for the Baltic cruise. Definitely the trip of a lifetime.

The first time it was my parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and me & my grandmother. This time grandma is staying home (89 so not up to transatlantic travel).

The nice thing is that with the villa you have 3 separate bedrooms and it sleeps either 7 or 8 depending on the ship. The additional passengers would either sleep on a pull out sofa bed (in one of the bedrooms) or they will bring in a foldaway bed that could be used in the living room and then folded up each day. It's definitely an expensive suite but if it was divided among 6 people, it isn't quite as pricey.

It is definitely a bucket list item. I've been lucky that my parents did the Garden Villa on an Alaska cruise and now we're doing it for the Baltic cruise. Definitely the trip of a lifetime.

The first time it was my parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and me & my grandmother. This time grandma is staying home (89 so not up to transatlantic travel).

The nice thing is that with the villa you have 3 separate bedrooms and it sleeps either 7 or 8 depending on the ship. The additional passengers would either sleep on a pull out sofa bed (in one of the bedrooms) or they will bring in a foldaway bed that could be used in the living room and then folded up each day. It's definitely an expensive suite but if it was divided among 6 people, it isn't quite as pricey.

I tried to get some friends to join us when I booked our trip -- with the promo of only paying for the first two passengers it would have been doable in the GV, but they don't like Mexico. :-/ I figure who cares where you're going when you're in a suite like that??!

Sorry to hijack your thread Beandippa.

I did start a list of things to ask the PCC when we get closer to sailing. Not sure if it's doable, but hoping to pre-arrange some things like consent for my 19 yo to drink wine, and maybe the sign up for Entourage. Stuff like that. I'd rather be sipping a cocktail somewhere than shlepping around signing waivers. Even if can just be arranged to have the papers ready to sign at check in or something, that would be great.

Also, since we are coffee drinkers, I'll ask for milk or half and half to be put in the fridge. And plenty of sugar. There is never enough in hotels. Possibly extra towels -- 4 of us have really long hair so we tend to use more towels.

I'm not sure I'll come up with more than that. We are so thrilled to have the basic things that are provided automatically that it's hard to think of asking for anything else.

OP, just that you know, PCC is an abbreviation used here for a Personal Cruise Consultant (a regular NCL customer/sales rep assigned to anyone), not for Pre-Cruise Concierge Desk (the desk part is integral, people there are not concierges but instead regular office clerks that just take notes and pass them on to concierges on ships) which would be PCCD or something like that - but is not used here shortened in anyway.

PCCs are generally unable to help you with any of the things listed and it seems that you using the wrong term has caused confusion for other people as well. :)

OP, just that you know, PCC is an abbreviation used here for a Personal Cruise Consultant (a regular NCL customer/sales rep assigned to anyone), not for Pre-Cruise Concierge Desk (the desk part is integral, people there are not concierges but instead regular office clerks that just take notes and pass them on to concierges on ships) which would be PCCD or something like that - but is not used here shortened in anyway.

PCCs are generally unable to help you with any of the things listed and it seems that you using the wrong term has caused confusion for other people as well. :)

It was a PCCD then. Lol. Sorry if that confused people. No worries about high jacking me. I like reading as much info as possible.

I'm in the exact same room (12304) on the sept 13th sailing. Maybe I'll try to hide a welcome note somewhere for you.

That would be a riot! An I would love to get your perspective when you get back. What age group will be in your room?? If you don't mind me asking.

You will love this suite! We were in it last year. This was our favorite thing about the suite.

ImageUploadedByForums1439036705.417580.jpg.4918b44ecdd01b76c180ebff35b8399e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1439036733.170326.jpg.ab135cf0a925441d013e866c591d99f2.jpg

We hosted a sail away party for our roll call, and we had over 40 people on the balcony as we sailed past the SOL.

Linda

Looks amazing, ImADaneFan -- and how nice that you hosted your roll call!

My Haven suite, as lovely as it will be, is not the kind you host people in. We have the two bedroom, family one so a little tight for more than our family of six. Would love to do it though -- more bucket list stuff :-)

We paid $2699pp plus port charges. The promo that we got last year were $450 OBC, UBP, UDP.

Linda

I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. I meant hosting the sail away. Do you recall what that cost you?

I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. I meant hosting the sail away. Do you recall what that cost you?

It didn't cost anything. We has several bottles of champagne and the butler brought OJ and Peach juice for mimosas and Bellini's. He also brought snacks like cookies, bar mix, nuts, little finger sandwiches etc. and we tipped him very well for his assistance. :D

Linda