Questions about Fountain Soda package

Hi there, we are sailing on Anthem from Southampton on August 15th - looking forward to it but a bit apprehensive as this is our first cruise and I'm not sure if it's the sort of holiday I will enjoy....

Anyway I was wondering if a more experienced cruiser can advise me on how the fountain soda package works. Do you have to carry your souvenir cup around with you all the time whenever you want a drink? Can you get Coke, Sprite etc with your meal with the package? (And does that mean, for example, that we will have to turn up at the Grande all dressed up but clutching our souvenir cups in our hands?!!) What happens if you lose your souvenir cup, can you get a replacement? (I am thinking particularly of my son who is very apt to lose things)

Are there vending machines where you can use your cup to get your included soft drinks - or do you always have to queue up at a bar? Can you use the package to get drinks in your room or do you have to carry your drink back from the nearest bar or vending machine? Finally, is it possible to buy (sealed) bottles of soft drinks and roughly how much are these?

Sorry I know that's a lot of questions but any info would be much appreciated - as you can probably tell we are trying to decide whether to buy the soft drinks package or not.....

While there are a few minor changes between ships, for the most part the soda package works the same.

If you want to use the freestyle machines you will need to have your cup with you. Other than that, your seapass will have the sticker/symbol on it so that all bartenders will know you have the package. No need to carry the cup around with you for that. Same goes with the dining rooms, show your card and they will bring you a soda.

If you have the package, you can only get "fountain" soda which is either through the bar or freestyle machine, no cans, bottles, etc. If you do not have the package you can purchase cans of soda. I am sure someone will come along and let you know the cost. I believe it is about $2.75 per can, but not positive on the exact amount.

A quick search through the threads on here and there is about 4 that explain the soda package very well. I know as I spent ages writing replies in there. If then these don't answer your questions then post a new thread or just ask in that thread already started.

Quick answer. I had the soda fountain drink cup with my package (Royal replenish - everything without alcohol included) and at dinner, no need for cup as you get it in a glass and you can do this at any bar as well. You only need the plastic cup for the 120 flavour machine. If you lose the cup, I would say tough luck, but Royal Caribbean will replace it for you. Not sure if their is a charge for this. simple answer, don't lose your cup.