If FTTF not needed in San Juan, when is it best to arrive?

Cruisegoer

Can't say I've ever had crazy wait times at a San Juan departure but the faster the better (without it costing extra) right? Anyone offer any advice?

San Juan boarding usually starts about noon, and the ship won't depart until 10pm. There will be people waiting to board at noon, so if you come early to mid afternoon, that crush should be gone and you could probably walk right on.....If you want to get on board right away, then join the line at noon, probably on board within 20 -30 minutes.

I was on the Valor on 3/22. From the timestamps on my photos, we pulled up to the port around 12:20. We basically walked right through. Very little waiting. We got up to the counter to get our S&S around 12:35. Getting checked in was the longest step. My first photo of the atrium was taken at 12:50. So from the time we stepped out of the cab, we were on the ship within 30 minutes.

I arrived between 2 and 3PM and it was very fast. I would say 2PM would be good. Many who are flying in day of won't be there yet, and you will miss the noon rush.

On another cruise we arrived late morning and there were lines, still it moved quickly considering.

We were on the December 28, 2014 cruise on the Valor. We dropped our luggage off at around 11am and then went to explore San Juan some more, as we were there for 2 days prior. We came back at 1:15 and walked directly in and were checked in within 10 minutes and in the boat shortly afterward. Very easy!