Breeze on a positive note

flahagan

Some of you may have read my post regarding an injury that occurred to my grandson several weeks ago on the Breeze.

While we didn't get the best response from ship management, in fairness I feel I should point out the very good aspects we found on this ship.

Our cabin steward on Lido deck, James, was absolutely terrific! He took excellent care of all of us, especially our grandchildren. They remarked it was incredible it how he anticipated their needs, and always seemed to be there when they needed him. Kudos to James and all of the friendly crew on lido.

We had anytime dining in the Sapphire dining room, and on the 2nd night we met the dining team that would become the highlight of our cruise. Oka, Archie and Alexandru were simply outstanding. Noting the glum looks on our teens' faces that night due to that day's happenings, they went above and beyond to bring smiles and laughs back to them. All 3 of our grandkids looked forward all day to the evening meal, wondering what brain teaser or trick Archie would have up his sleeve, then spend the next day trying to figure them out. Our 16-yr-old granddaughter cried all through the last night's meal as she knew how much she was going to miss them.

Anytime dining worked out great for us - we usually got there between 6:30 - 7 PM and never once had to wait. I ordered a glass of wine twice and always got it within 5 minutes. Great service, and best dining experience of any cruise we've been on.

I loved the layout of the ship - it was the easiest, most intuitive layout of any of the 15 cruises I've been on. I usually get lost at least a half dozen times, but not on this ship.

The decor was very pleasing, easy on the eyes. Our teens thought the atrium was beautiful. She's a lovely-looking ship.

We enjoyed all of the theater shows in the evening, the headliners and the production shows.

Yes, there are too few pools and they are way too small. But there were many nice areas and decks to spread out on.

We really enjoyed lunch in the Italian restaurant the last day - wish we'd gotten there sooner, but it took a little planning to get to deck 11 all the way aft, especially if you didn't want to traipse through the lido. The kids loved Guy's burgers and the Burrito and taco bar, of course and still talk about them.

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions you may have.

Sorry about your experience with accident but glad you still enjoyed your cruise.

Who were the CD and Maitre d'?

Cruise Director was Matt Mitcham, just back from his vacation. He was VERY popular. Sorry, I don't even recall seeing the Maitre d'.

We also had Oka and his team

we asked to be seated in his area every day:)

Were you on the July 18th sailing? They were the best, weren't they? One night, our grandson ordered the braised rabbit appetizer and Archie came to the table with a plate under a dome and announced, "Here is your rabbit." When our grandson removed it, there was a little baby rabbit that Archie had fashioned out of napkins. Cracked him up!

I read your other post regarding your grandson, and hope you can get it all settled and that he heals quickly.

So nice that you came back to CC and posted a review showing that despite the beginning, you guys all seemed to have a great time and made some awesome memories between grandkids and grandparents.

Sailing on the Breeze in a couple of months, and looking forward to seeing the ship and enjoying the shows as well.

I read your other post regarding your grandson, and hope you can get it all settled and that he heals quickly.

So nice that you came back to CC and posted a review showing that despite the beginning, you guys all seemed to have a great time and made some awesome memories between grandkids and grandparents.

Sailing on the Breeze in a couple of months, and looking forward to seeing the ship and enjoying the shows as well.

We must be neighbors! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

I nearly forgot to mention the Seaday Brunch - we were only able to make it there the last day of our cruise but what a treat! Food was really first-rate - the stack of blueberry pancakes was fabulous, and then I accompanied them with bacon, scrambled eggs and cheese grits. I was really a hog that morning!

And yes, in more ways than you can imagine, it was a very memorable trip. At least it gave me the opportunity to preach that life isn't perfect, that awful things can happen even during wonderful times and that you just have to keep going with the flow the best you can. It definitely wasn't the trip we'd planned, but we tried to make the best of it.

Just curious, am a little new to this message boards but why did they lock or close the other thread that was regarding this incident by the same op?

I wondered the same thing. I think a few people were getting a little carried away and camps were forming, not what I'd intended, so maybe that's what happened? I just stated the basic facts and asked for a name of someone I could contact. I got that, e-mailed her last night and this morning got a call from Carnival's Guest Care Dept..

This person was very gracious, told me someone from loss prevention would call me next week and that they were sorry I'd experienced the problems with the way things were handled on the ship.

So I thank the forum for getting me directed to the right people. I'm hopeful I will be able to settle this fairly with Carnival and put it behind us. They're not the largest cruise company in the world for nothing.

I don't particularly like that cruisecritic shut the thread down without any explanation, I've certainly seen much worse on here. Maybe they felt like it was getting too close to legal territory and didn't want to be part of it. Who knows, so much for freedom of speech, right?

Anyway, I'll try to come back and let the forum know Carnival's response to the situation, if I'm allowed!

I think the other one was locked because it got into a legal argument (and I was part of that), so sorry about that. And hope you can work things out with Carnival to your satisfaction.

Question on the Breeze. Did you go to the comedy club much? We've been on the Sunshine the last few times and you need to get there way early to get a decent seat. How was it on the Breeze, if you went?

I never made it to the comedy club, although I'd really wanted to. After the Ovation show each night, grandson needed to go back to the cabin, put his leg up and get ice on it. I was the nursemaid! This was an early-to-bed, early-to-rise cruise for me, but I saw some amazing sunrises. I'd heard you need to get to those shows and line up early though.