Which cabin for myself, DS & MIL?

AprilJ

DH may bail on our proposed Oct 2017 Fantasy cruise...if he does not go then FIL won't go either....so since I actually really really like my MIL I would not be opposed to the 3 of us in 1 cabin. Which cabin cat would allow for a balcony and 3 separate beds? Thank you!

DH may bail on our proposed Oct 2017 Fantasy cruise...if he does not go then FIL won't go either....so since I actually really really like my MIL I would not be opposed to the 3 of us in 1 cabin. Which cabin cat would allow for a balcony and 3 separate beds? Thank you!

Any room that will allow you to book 3 people will have 3 beds. One bed is the queen bed, one is the sofa bed, and then either a pull down bunk bed (over the sofa) or a murphy bed for the third.

One note, in most rooms, the sofa bed is not the typical pull out, double sofa bed you may be used to. The back of the sofa folds down and an actual mattress and bedding are in there.

This is a 4A verandah room (on the Fantasy) showing all the beds available.

2j0ffgm.jpg[/img]

The room pictured above is designed to sleep 5 (2 in the big bed, one in the sofa bed, one in the drop down bunk, one in the murphy bed).

Any room made to sleep 4 will have 3 separate beds. These are usually the big bed, sofa bed, and ceiling bunk. This will always be the configuration on the Magic/Wonder in a 4 person cabin..there are a few odd ones on the Dream and Fantasy that have a murphy instead of a ceiling bunk. Bottom line--on any ship if you specify that you need a cabin made for 4 people, you will have 3 separate beds.

Yes, the fact that the big bed no longer separates is a gigantic pain for some families. However, I will verify that the sofa bed is very decent. It isn't a pull out; it has a flip configuration and there are no bars or other nasty stuff in the mattress.

Edited by moki'smommy

Any room that will allow you to book 3 people will have 3 beds.

[/img][/img]

Sorry, but this statement is an error. Any room that will allow you go book 3 people will have sleeping space for 3, but not necessarily 3 separate beds. A room that holds only 3 will usually have the big bed (which they count as 2 sleeping spaces) and the sofa bed. If a room sleeps only 3, it usually lacks the ceiling bunk.

Examples--the cat 7s on Magic and Wonder. One big bed,(2) and one sofa bed (1).

To assure 3 SEPARATE beds, you must go to a cabin that sleeps 4.

Sorry' date=' but this statement is an error. Any room that will allow you go book 3 people will have sleeping space for 3, but not necessarily 3 separate beds. A room that holds only 3 will usually have the big bed (which they count as 2 sleeping spaces) and the sofa bed. If a room sleeps only 3, it usually lacks the ceiling bunk.[/quote']

Correct. And other than it not being as comfortably long as some taller occupants might like, my biggest complaint is that when the sofa is made into a bed, you no longer have use of the sofa. As the room host usually preps the bedding while Guests are at dinner and changes it back sometime the next morning, you lose that seating space in the interim. I know that some have made and un-made it themselves, but that isn't my idea of a vacation. ;)

Sorry' date=' but this statement is an error. Any room that will allow you go book 3 people will have sleeping space for 3, but not necessarily 3 separate beds. A room that holds only 3 will usually have the big bed (which they count as 2 sleeping spaces) and the sofa bed. If a room sleeps only 3, it usually lacks the ceiling bunk.

Examples--the cat 7s on Magic and Wonder. One big bed,(2) and one sofa bed (1).

To assure 3 SEPARATE beds, you must go to a cabin that sleeps 4.[/quote']

True. Sorry.

Ugh, well I'm 5'10, so that could be an issue. The no sitting spots could be an issue, but we can all pile up on the bed to watch TV before bed and enjoy the balcony as well. Thankfully we have time to sort it all out. Thanks for the replies.

Any room that will allow you to book 3 people will have 3 beds. One bed is the queen bed, one is the sofa bed, and then either a pull down bunk bed (over the sofa) or a murphy bed for the third.

One note, in most rooms, the sofa bed is not the typical pull out, double sofa bed you may be used to. The back of the sofa folds down and an actual mattress and bedding are in there.

This is a 4A verandah room (on the Fantasy) showing all the beds available.

2j0ffgm.jpg[/img]

Thanks for posting this - we just booked a 4A on Fantasy. Not to highjack thread, but are all 4A's configured like this? I know Moki mentioned that this was for 5 people - but is there any way to know which configuration we will have, or do we need to call and ask? I know for RCI, if you can't figure it out from the deck plans yourself, the chances of getting a reliable answer from customer service is slim to none :)

Thanks for posting this - we just booked a 4A on Fantasy. Not to highjack thread, but are all 4A's configured like this? I know Moki mentioned that this was for 5 people - but is there any way to know which configuration we will have, or do we need to call and ask? I know for RCI, if you can't figure it out from the deck plans yourself, the chances of getting a reliable answer from customer service is slim to none :)

I can't say "all" to anything on the Fantasy as they have some really strange room situations. I will say that this is a typical 4A.

Sounds like RCI is just like DCL--getting a reliable answer from shoreside customer service is very hit or miss. We joke that if you don't like the answer you get, call back; you'll get a different CM and a different answer!

I can't say "all" to anything on the Fantasy as they have some really strange room situations. I will say that this is a typical 4A.

Sounds like RCI is just like DCL--getting a reliable answer from shoreside customer service is very hit or miss. We joke that if you don't like the answer you get' date=' call back; you'll get a different CM and a different answer![/quote']

We say the same thing about RCI :).

We are super excited about our first DCL cruise, and I am sure we will love the 4A we booked.

No, we also had this 4A - no murphy bed (only an additional chair). But the basic configuration of the room is the same

ncfods.jpg

No, we also had this 4A - no murphy bed (only an additional chair). But the basic configuration of the room is the same

ncfods.jpg

Thanks. We are only three, so either would work for us - but maybe it only showed rooms with Murphy as we did not have 5 people.