A (very very quick) question...

Paulandkazuk

Hi all,

Just a brief question.

Myself and Karen booked the 7night cruise on Ventura to Iberia and Portugal departing Southampton on the 23rd of August (very soon yessss !), a guaranteed inside cabin at a great price.

More recently (a few weeks ago) we then booked the preceding 2 night cruise on the same ship to Guernsey and back, making our holiday a 9 night cruise.

Both cruises were savers, ie a guaranteed grade of cabin etc.

Obviously we knew that we would likely end up with two different cabins and would have to pack up and move to the new cabin after the two nighter, which has happened and we are fine with.

My question is , wil P and O allow us to leave our cases somewhere on the ship on the Sunday (23rd), or will we have to take them off the ship in Southampton and check them in again later that day?

It's not a huge deal if they do but obviously we would prefer to leave the cases at reception so we are not dragging them around Southampton for a few hours. I rang P and O a few weeks ago but CS were a bit non committal.!

Infact, as a bonus second question (!), do any of you think we will be allowed to stay on the ship on the 23rd instead of getting off and booking in again in the cruise terminal??

Sorry for the long post, any answers most welcome.

2 weeks to go, can't wait!!!

I have not done this myself but I understand what happens is this.

Your cabin stewards will move your belongings to your new cabin so you dont have to pack up and get off the ship.

Reception will issue you with a new cruise card for your second cruise. You can stay on the ship if you want or you can go on and off the ship as and when you want using the crew gangway so you dont get involved with the new passengers coming on.

I suggest you visit reception on your second day to confirm arrangements.

Brian

When we did this the steward moved clothes on hangers ( he carried the whole rail ) but other stuff had to be put in suitcases for him to move.

I suggest you ask at reception on your first day since there may be different arrangements for 2 night cruises.

Hello,

I have done what is called a back to back cruise (B2B) but stayed in the same cabin, so cannot help regards moving.

However, from memory I believe you will need to settle your 2 night account with reception at the end of that cruise & re-register your credit card with them for the 7 night cruise when you will be given your new cruise cards.

You can either stay on the ship or if you want to get off in Southampton then you simply leave & re-embark via the 'Crew' passageway.

There is no requirement for you to re-embark with the new passengers & wait in the cruise terminal etc.

It's a lovely feeling (especially after a 2 night cruise) to watch others disembark knowing you're staying on :D

It's not compulsory if staying in the same cabin to attend the 2nd cruise muster drill (although we always do!) but as you're moving cabins I suspect your muster station may also change so I would recommend attending.

Just a thought (in case you haven't!) are you travelling by car? If so & if you're using the CPS valet car parking make sure you've advised them that you're now doing a B2B cruise so they can park & move your car necessary if returning to another terminal.

Hope you have a wonderful 9 night cruise :)

Joan

Further to what others have stated, we have done a 2/3 day followed by an 18day.

Our cases we put through the hole in the wall (you will see the guys there, by a hole in the wall) as normal. Next saw them outside our cabin.

Your cruise card, yes visit reception ,who will issue you with your new card.

Credit/debit card you registered with them. They will just take the money after the first cruise as per normal, and you will start using you 2nd cruise card , so the next bill is based on that card. We did not have to re register the debit/credit card.

You cabin steward will let you know about the moving. Depends on the ship as to what they will/will not do.

As has been stated they will take things on rails to your new cabin. We had to pack everything else up in cases. They would have wheeled them round for us, but we chose to do that ourselves from when we knew the new cabin was ready. Others have stated everything in drawers was moved for them..ie drawers just taken out and moved to new cabin as is..however as stated it does depend on the ship, but you will be informed, rest assured.

Finally make the most of those couple of hours when you may be on the ship on your own (except for the crew!!) A perfect time to take pix etc...or just enjoy the "peace" for a while.

You will be very very surprised at the short space of time, before the next ones come aboard.

Finally finally enjoy the cruises....

Edited by the english lady

Hi all,

Just a brief question.

Myself and Karen booked the 7night cruise on Ventura to Iberia and Portugal departing Southampton on the 23rd of August (very soon yessss !), a guaranteed inside cabin at a great price.

More recently (a few weeks ago) we then booked the preceding 2 night cruise on the same ship to Guernsey and back, making our holiday a 9 night cruise.

There is a roll call for the two nighter!

Regards John

When I moved cabins on a B2B I arranged a time for the move. When I arrived at the appointed time they had already moved everything except the safe contents :D I got a new cruise card and planned on visiting HMS Victory in Portsmouth. It was raining so i just lounged about instead :)

Don't forget to go to the next cruises safety drill as its mandatory for each cruise not sure if P&O has kicked anyone off for refusing (I know some lines have) but if they were caught they would get fined if you don't go...