On Liberty of the seas now

I thought the food was good in the main dining room. They give you all the god you want. You can have two entries if you can't make up your mind what you want. The food in the buffet was not that great. We ate one night in Portofino was good. The shows were pretty good. Saturday night live was good. The ice skating show was great, don't miss it. The illusionist was good. They had two comedians. One was really good he did two shows, on late show for adults. Labadee was the best. We had a over the water cabana, it was great. You will have a great time on your cruise .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the food was good in the main dining room. They give you all the god you want. You can have two entries if you can't make up your mind what you want. The food in the buffet was not that great. We ate one night in Portofino was good. The shows were pretty good. Saturday night live was good. The ice skating show was great, don't miss it. The illusionist was good. They had two comedians. One was really good he did two shows, on late show for adults. Labadee was the best. We had a over the water cabana, it was great. You will have a great time on your cruise .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear that you thought that the MDR food was good. Your assessment of the buffet food seems to echo that of a lot of other recent cruisers on the Liberty. I try to eat most of my meals in the MDR and be selective in the Windjammer when I do eat there. We plan on eating at Portofino. It was really good on the Explorer. Still making up my mind about Chops. I keep hearing mixed reviews about whether or not it's worth the upcharge.

I've heard really good things about the entertainment on Liberty. As far as I can tell the headliner acts rotate on and off ship, so we may not have the same acts as you did. Hope we get a good comedian like you did.

You're really lucky you got an over the water cabana. I don't think that will be available to us since we don't have a suite, and we're at the lowly gold status! lol Still, I love Labadee and get a spot in the shade at Nellie's Beach, which is fairly close to the cabanas. I've done this same itinerary on Explorer and had a great time. Really looking forward to doing it again next week! Thanks for your feedback on your experience on Liberty!

We did not like the Saturday night fever show at all.

I love musicals but I just could not get into that one. There was 12 of us and none of us liked it.

But if u go u have to get there early. We got there 45 min early and only had balcony seats left.

We have not sailed on Royal n awhile but did a recent cruise in July on Liberty. I must say, the food in Windjammer was awful. Very disappointed and I am by no means a picky eater. food was very sub par. I don't remember it being that bad last time we cruised on them.

Our family did the Bermuda cruise on 7/25 to 7/30. Agree the food in the Windjammer was bad which is incredible considering the large number of items. Food in the MDR was average at best.

We heard Saturday Night Fever was lame so we skipped it. We thought the ice show was fantastic and the magician was talented and funny. Will try a different cruise line next time around. Bigger ships just meant bigger crowds.

We saw SNF on our June Liberty cruise and enjoyed it. The dancing was pretty amazing!

My only problem... (please realize I remember SNF when it was in the theater back in '78 with John Travolta)

... on Liberty's stage Tony's hair was wrong. It was brown and parted on the side. In the movie Tony/Travolta's hair was jet black, combed back, and poofed up in the front.

Again, the show was great, but I just couldn't get past the hair.

Edited by Wildcatfish

Did you make advance reservations on line for the ice show and SNL?

I reserved the Ice Show on line (it's free). We did a 4:30PM show and it ended in time for our 5:30 dinner in the MDR. We have a 7 year old so I also booked a breakfast on line with the characters from Madagascar (cost was $10 each).

I do recommend booking ahead as the Ice Show looked to be at capacity.

I reserved the Ice Show on line (it's free). We did a 4:30PM show and it ended in time for our 5:30 dinner in the MDR. We have a 7 year old so I also booked a breakfast on line with the characters from Madagascar (cost was $10 each).

I do recommend booking ahead as the Ice Show looked to be at capacity.

I booked the ice show for the 8/22 sailing two months ago. For the 8/27 and going forward, no more advanced reservations

Thanks for the replies. I just talked to the RCCL Diamond Plus desk since I am unable to reserve the ice show and I'm 30 days out. I was advised I should be able to soon book the ice show and to keep checking my booking!! :confused:

Thanks for the replies. I just talked to the RCCL Diamond Plus desk since I am unable to reserve the ice show and I'm 30 days out. I was advised I should be able to soon book the ice show and to keep checking my booking!! :confused:

No idea!!

But it would not be unheard of for them to be WRONG-- but who knows???

Edited by denatravels