ncl email address most effective?

njsonja

In my opinion, the best source for complaining is the book "Shocked, Appaled and Dismayed". It teaches to open and close with positives. Here is an example:

I have shopped at Joe's Market for twenty years and have always found the service to be excellent.

However, yesterday at 2 pm my cashier was Greg and I had to wait while he was texting. Due to this mishap missed my bus and had to wait an hour for the next one. As it turned out that bus had a flat and I missed my transfer. I don't drive and this shopping trip for 10 items ended up taking 4 hours instead of 2.

I would appreciate your reviewing this incident so I can return again and receive the service I was accustomed to. I love your produce so, although another store is closer I choose Joe's.

I would appreciate a response to my letter so I can be assured that you are addressing the issues that myself and other loyal customers have come to expect.

NEVER say you will not be back. Say you will give them a chance to regain your business. And do it. Most companies who receive threats of no return file it in the round file.

Rant over. I was bored.

The name of the book should've been "common sense complaining."

In essence, the type (and tone) of letter or e-mail one writes when complaining is fairly standard in the travel and other service industry. Between your post and an earlier one (with specifics to include), you've got the makings for stating a case.

Now, who/where to send it:

Savvy travelers are familiar with the names of industry experts like Rick Steves, Wendy Perrin or Christopher Elliott. In particular, when seeking advice about who/where to complain, the most useful resource is the website of Christopher Elliott (travel columnist and ombudsman for National Geographic). Google him. On his website, he lists the most current individual e-mails for the top executive(s) of a fairly comprehensive list of companies.

I used Christopher's list to pen an e-mail to Oceania's president regarding my echoing the concern of many here on CC about a decision to allow E-cigs a wide berth onboard. I also provided some references regarding the ill effects of E-cigs as well as current and pending e-cig (and other anti-tobacco) legislation here in California and elsewhere. I did the e-mail on an early Sunday morning and had a reply from him within an hour indicating that the policy would be dumped. By Monday afternoon, the website was changed to reflect that decision.

Of course, YRMV. Nonetheless, if anything may work, it will be a civil, factual, fair minded and well written e-mail addressed directly to someone who can make things happen.

Though I won't go into it here, another tactic is to do a little research and identify the main administrative assistant to the person you are seeking out. Begin your correspondence to that person with this phrase: "I write to you out of utter frustration....." This works wonders when seeking solutions to problems of poor quality expensive things like appliances, furniture, etc.

The name of the book should've been "common sense complaining."

In essence, the type (and tone) of letter or e-mail one writes when complaining is fairly standard in the travel and other service industry. Between your post and an earlier one (with specifics to include), you've got the makings for stating a case.

Now, who/where to send it:

Savvy travelers are familiar with the names of industry experts like Rick Steves, Wendy Perrin or Christopher Elliott. In particular, when seeking advice about who/where to complain, the most useful resource is the website of Christopher Elliott (travel columnist and ombudsman for National Geographic). Google him. On his website, he lists the most current individual e-mails for the top executive(s) of a fairly comprehensive list of companies.

I used Christopher's list to pen an e-mail to Oceania's president regarding my echoing the concern of many here on CC about a decision to allow E-cigs a wide berth onboard. I also provided some references regarding the ill effects of E-cigs as well as current and pending e-cig (and other anti-tobacco) legislation here in California and elsewhere. I did the e-mail on an early Sunday morning and had a reply from him within an hour indicating that the policy would be dumped. By Monday afternoon, the website was changed to reflect that decision.

Of course, YRMV. Nonetheless, if anything may work, it will be a civil, factual, fair minded and well written e-mail addressed directly to someone who can make things happen.

Though I won't go into it here, another tactic is to do a little research and identify the main administrative assistant to the person you are seeking out. Begin your correspondence to that person with this phrase: "I write to you out of utter frustration....." This works wonders when seeking solutions to problems of poor quality expensive things like appliances, furniture, etc.

I read Christopher E's column in my paper every Sunday. Great advice.

I had an awful experience on the coach bus to the airport once. I wrote the company about it. I received $50 in compensation plus two free tickets for future trips. It does at times help.

Glad it worked out for you. That probably has a lot to do with the fact that you handled it in a different way than what is being discussed here.