Looking for certain seating area on the Dawn

pampaul

Back in 2010 we were on the Jewel and while walking around we found this seating area that was right up against the side of the ship looking out at the sea. There were these green wavy shaped loungers and also right next to them were these white circular chairs that looked like a doughnut.

We're leaving next weekend on the Dawn and I'm wondering if we'll find the same kind of seats/loungers on there? Those white doughnut shaped chairs were SOOOOO comfortable.

Those wavy loungers and the white ones are in the Spinnaker Lounge on the 13rh deck forward on Jewel, Pearl and Gem. Never been on Dawn but did hear they moved Spinnaker Lounge downstairs when they renovated it.

Yes, I just checked out some images of the Spinnaker Lounge on the Jewel and those are the white chairs that I was talking about. I sure hope they're on the Dawn as well. Most comfortable thing I've ever sat in. :D

Yes, I just checked out some images of the Spinnaker Lounge on the Jewel and those are the white chairs that I was talking about. I sure hope they're on the Dawn as well. Most comfortable thing I've ever sat in. :D

Never seen them on the dawn. The spinnaker is now on deck 7 and very small and dark. No loungers in there. NCL ruined the observation lounges by making thT area suites. There is no longer a large area with a view for gatherings. Such a shame!

The chairs you describe are unique to the Gem class ships.

The Dawn's Spinnaker Lounge has very low swivel chairs crammed around even lower cocktail tables, jammed into a dimly lit room with no natural light. The Dawn has very few options when it comes to inside seating with a view. A dry dock scheduled for spring 2016 will be of interest to those of us wanting and waiting to sail again on the Dawn.

Back in 2010 we were on the Jewel and while walking around we found this seating area that was right up against the side of the ship looking out at the sea. There were these green wavy shaped loungers and also right next to them were these white circular chairs that looked like a doughnut.

We're leaving next weekend on the Dawn and I'm wondering if we'll find the same kind of seats/loungers on there? Those white doughnut shaped chairs were SOOOOO comfortable.

the area and seating your describing is the Spinnaker Lounge.....the Gem Jewel Pearl and Jade still have that some configuration....the Dawn and Star both have had that area turned into Suites and inside staterooms and Spinnaker moved to the aft on deck 7 in a windowless low ceiling room that was originally the shops on those two ships....the seating and atmosphere in there does not even compare with the original Spinnaker......probably the most comfortable seating available now with any sort of view would be on deck 6 mid ships around bar central....

Edited by paradise sailor

Never seen them on the dawn. The spinnaker is now on deck 7 and very small and dark. No loungers in there. NCL ruined the observation lounges by making thT area suites. There is no longer a large area with a view for gatherings. Such a shame!

I agree, the spinnaker has become a dark windowless lounge on the Dawn and Star. I so much enjoy the one on the Gem and I also love the great outdoors there.

the area and seating your describing is the Spinnaker Lounge.....the Gem Jewel Pearl and Jade still have that some configuration....the Dawn and Star both have had that area turned into Suites and inside staterooms and Spinnaker moved to the aft on deck 7 in a windowless low ceiling room that was originally the shops on those two ships....the seating and atmosphere in there does not even compare with the original Spinnaker......probably the most comfortable seating available now with any sort of view would be on deck 6 mid ships around bar central....

Look who's here...it's a bird, its a plane, it's STEVE!!!!:D

Hello, hello, how have you and Margaret been? Have not chatted with you guys in a while. Are you going on any of the Dawn's repo cruises? We are going this October and in Oct 2016.

Those wavy loungers and the white ones are in the Spinnaker Lounge on the 13rh deck forward on Jewel, Pearl and Gem. Never been on Dawn but did hear they moved Spinnaker Lounge downstairs when they renovated it.

On the Dawn, back in 2010 when the spinnaker was on deck 12, they had some very plush kind of throne like chairs, if I remember. But no more.