Princess McKinley lodge-- laundry

LizNeedsAVacation

What's the laundry situation there? We have two nights there at the mid-point of our trip (right before cruise). Thinking that we could do laundry there so we can bring one week of clothes, not two.

I know they have self-serve. Are they coin operated or is that question showing my age?

Anyone done laundry there and have a reason to shout "terrible plan"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if every building has laundry facilities or not, but ours did. I found it was very busy. It is coin operated with products available for purchase. Our building also had an ironing board and iron available for use.

As long as you are flexible with your "laundry time" I don't think your plan is terrible.

Edited by DentoAlaska

What's the laundry situation there? We have two nights there at the mid-point of our trip (right before cruise). Thinking that we could do laundry there so we can bring one week of clothes, not two.

I know they have self-serve. Are they coin operated or is that question showing my age?

Anyone done laundry there and have a reason to shout "terrible plan"?

Try this link http://www.princesslodges.com/ it should tell you all the details on all Princess lodges.

Not every building had a laundry room but they are close enough that I just had to go to the building next door - no problem! I agree you might want to pick a time everyone will be busy doing other things. I know many people say, "Why would you want to do laundry on vacation?" but I like not having to pack so many clothes. I like to get up early and get it done. With the rest of the day free, I'm happy!:D

We were there in 2012. Our building had a laundry room. It was a great opportunity to meet people. We bought some beer in Denali, because the lodge in McKinley is very isolated, and made a few new friends in the process.

We were there in May in Building J (or K) and it had a laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers. Both were coin-operated...$2 each in quarters. As others have said, it does get busy. I lucked out and managed to snag a washer as soon as we got in our room but others were then camped out for a while waiting for an opening.

I know others say why do laundry on vacation...I say, why bring more clothes than you really need. We had a 7 day land and a 7 day cruise plus 5 days post cruise and I did laundry on the land and the cruise and post cruise also. This allowed us to bring less clothes and, therefore, less luggage.

Enjoy your trip. Alaska is magnificent!!!