From sydney to port

1. Which Princess ship are you cruising on? Most dock at White Bay Cruise Terminal but some dock at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay.

2. Where exactly are you staying?

3. How much luggage will you have?

The easiest option is a taxi, particularly to White Bay. Depending on where you staying a train may be an option to Circular Quay, and a new ferry service is starting soon from Circular Quay to White Bay.

There are 2 cruise terminals in Sydney. Which one?

The Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) is at Circular Quay which is right in downtown Sydney.you could walk this depending where your hotel is.

The White Bay cruise terminal is in a remote location to the west of Sydney and you would have to catch a taxi (20-30 min) or a ferry that is soon to begin operation.

More info needed please.

As others have said it will depend where you are staying and which dock you embark at.

Generally

The smaller ships leave White Bay (Sea, Sun and Dawn) and that will require either a taxi or, if it is operating by then the ferry service. Larger ships depart OPT at The Rocks, easiest there is either train to Curcular Quay and a short level walk, or a taxi, or maybe even a walk (depending in where you are staying).

Thanks for all the replies. I am staying at a condo in Victoria Park and my ship is the Diamond Princess.

Ok Diamond will certainly be the OPT (she won't fit under the bridge) so you need to get to Circular Quay, it depends on how fit you are and how much luggage you have, you may be OK to walk to Central Station and get the train to CQ, or just grab a Taxi.

It's about 2.5 Kim's or 1.5 miles.

Ok Diamond will certainly be the OPT (she won't fit under the bridge) so you need to get to Circular Quay, it depends on how fit you are and how much luggage you have, you may be OK to walk to Central Station and get the train to CQ, or just grab a Taxi.

It's about 2.5 Kim's or 1.5 miles.

That's from Victoria Park to Central Station, sorry.

Thanks for all the replies. I am staying at a condo in Victoria Park and my ship is the Diamond Princess.

OK, so you'll be embarking at the OPT at Circular Quay.

Your best option is a taxi as you are a mile or more away from the nearest train station, and buses are awkward with luggage.

Just before Newtown, between Sydney Uni and the southern end of the CBD.

Know where that is, but it's just a park. Or is it?:confused:

The OP says they are in a Condo. Is there a new suburb called Victoria Park.

OP could you please supply the name of the hitel or street address?

Edited by cassamanda

Hello again,

I believe the address is Grandstand Parade Zetland. Now please don't tell me I'm in the middle of a pond! Is this location far from the main sights of Sydney and the Pier?

You are a fair way out from the CBD and the OPT.

Hello again,

I believe the address is Grandstand Parade Zetland. Now please don't tell me I'm in the middle of a pond! Is this location far from the main sights of Sydney and the Pier?

It's quite a distance from the main part of the city - 6-7 kms to Circular Quay. It's a newish development of apartments - they started redeveloping that area about 10-15 years ago. It's fairly close to the Green Square train station and bus routes. I think there are good cafes in the area and a supermarket. To do any sightseeing you will need to catch the bus or train into the city. It's not really a tourist location, sorry.

It's quite a distance from the main part of the city - 6-7 kms to Circular Quay. It's a newish development of apartments - they started redeveloping that area about 10-15 years ago. It's fairly close to the Green Square train station and bus routes. I think there are good cafes in the area and a supermarket. To do any sightseeing you will need to catch the bus or train into the city. It's not really a tourist location, sorry.

I didn't think of Green Square.

Now we are getting there. Victoria Park IS that new multi story housing development in Zetland. Victoria Park Parade runs behind Grandstand Parade.

Location is a new residential area in the southern suburbs. Definitely not near Sydney downtown. Halfway between airport and city.

You will need transport or be prepared to walk to the train station each day.

I would seriously consider locating myself closer to the city.

Now we are getting there. Victoria Park IS that new multi story housing development in Zetland. Victoria Park Parade runs behind Grandstand Parade.

Well, that's confusing. The park on the corner of Parramatta Rd and City Rd is Victoria Park. Whoever named the Zetland development should be shot. Must cause no end of confusion for taxi drivers.

Well, that's confusing. The park on the corner of Parramatta Rd and City Rd is Victoria Park. Whoever named the Zetland development should be shot. Must cause no end of confusion for taxi drivers.

I totally agree, not sure if it is still there but there used to be a reasonable motel right next to Victoria Park, which is still not CBD but very close to it. Wife use to work at Sydney Uni years ago, so knows this area, no where near Zetland, which then was totally industrial !!!

Very misleading.

Typical I'm afraid to make a development and name it after a location miles away.

But the issue is that the OP is under the impression that they are staying in downtown Sydney.

Now the original Victoria Park, near Sydney Uni, could be called downtown Sydney at a pinch, it would be stretching the truth a bit but not excessively. And there are new apartments in that area, and some old buildings that have been turned into apartments.

Zetland is a few kms out from that so definitely not downtown.

I wonder if whoever advertised the apartment got confused about which Victoria Park it was.

But the issue is that the OP is under the impression that they are staying in downtown Sydney.

Now the original Victoria Park, near Sydney Uni, could be called downtown Sydney at a pinch, it would be stretching the truth a bit but not excessively. And there are new apartments in that area, and some old buildings that have been turned into apartments.

Zetland is a few kms out from that so definitely not downtown.

I wonder if whoever advertised the apartment got confused about which Victoria Park it was.

I couldn't call either of them down town with a clear conscience.