coffee tray in balcony rooms

champagne lover

We don't sail until the end of the month, but if you're particular about something cover your preference and bring it.

We prefer herbal tea (mint, lemon, chamomile, etc.) so I'll likely have a few bags. Also peppermint is good for headaches and can soothe a stomach so I keep a couple of bags in my purse or briefcase when I travel.

There were mugs, sugar and sugar substitute, stirrers, creamers, teas, and coffees. It is s single cup machine. I did not use it so I don't remember the specifics of what types of coffee or tea were there. There are also two regular glasses and a ice bucket on the tray.

Here you are - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_2141%20%281024x768%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/IMG150521_2006.jpg

There are packets of hot chocolate mix & choice of English tea bags in the buffet - you decide. If you enjoy tea with honey, bring some in a small container (100 ml or 3.3 oz & you can keep that with your carry-on luggage when flying)

We always travel with our own insulated mug and tall hot/cold beverage cup, the ones provided are "small" :D

There is single cup regular and decaf coffee, half and half creamers and sugars. I always ask the steward for more regular. They will leave what you need. You can get tea bags and cocoa at the buffet to bring to your cabin. I don't know what kind.

Also the ice bucket with glasses. And small mugs.

We also had to ask for more regular packets. Mostly decaf provided, not sure why. No problem getting more though. Yes, the coffee cups are small, but if the machine brewed a bigger cup, the packets would be watered down and not as good anyway. We found them fine, we enjoyed coffee on the balcony every morning we could. If we wanted more, we brewed another cup or two. It was very quick. If you want milk instead of creamer, grab a carton from the buffet. Some have said the frig doesn't keep it cold enough, but ours was fine.

You will be able to get "English Breakfast" tea from the buffet which is perfectly ok but if you have a particular favourite bring your own.

The tea served in the restaurants will be Liptons unless you make a specific request.

Never a big issue but something to consider if tea is important to you ;)

We just got off a Gem balcony cabin today and we had a 4-cup Mr. Coffee.

On the tray were the filter pods for the coffee maker (reg & decaf), sugar and all sugar substitutes, tea bags, stirrers, half & half, and 2 mugs.

The buffet had an awesome tea selection, I want to say at least 8-10 different types.

Debating whether to bring my own coffee and filter...I am not a big coffee drinker but love a good cup of coffee in the morning...wasn't crazy about the coffee on the Gem so not sure the coffee on the BA would be any different?

Any advice???

Debating whether to bring my own coffee and filter...I am not a big coffee drinker but love a good cup of coffee in the morning...wasn't crazy about the coffee on the Gem so not sure the coffee on the BA would be any different?

Any advice???

The coffee maker takes pods, not loose coffee/filter.

Some of them (think 4 cup Mr Coffee types) can take a filter and loose coffee.

But my response was to the PP who is sailing on the Breakaway, which has pod single serve coffee makers. A hot pot just heats water for instant coffee/tea.

We travel quite a bit and stay in various hotels & resorts, in addition to cruises - and, worst ... flying - it's difficult to sometimes get a good cup of coffee to our taste. Being frugal travelers, we always bring our own instant mix & stainless steel insulated mug - just add hot water, stir & enjoy (a little Half & Half for extra :D ) Don't matter what the setup in the room is, it's "covered"

http://store.starbucks.com/coffee/starbucks-via-instant-coffee/

Kopi luwak coffee - that's a different story (unlike mixing from coffee syrup @ those "chain" coffee bars)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/Indonesian_farmer_shows_coffee_beans_already_digested_by_Asian_Palm_Civet%2C_but_before_cleaning_and_roasting.jpg/330px-Indonesian_farmer_shows_coffee_beans_already_digested_by_Asian_Palm_Civet%2C_but_before_cleaning_and_roasting.jpg

Edited by mking8288