How far out does NCL usually book?

3kidsncats

Am interested in an anniversary cruise in 2018 on NCL. With full awareness that they do switch things up with already scheduled itineraries, just wondering when I can reasonably expect to see the spring schedule for 2018? Does NCL usually release upcoming seasons at the same time every year? I know the 2016/2017 schedule was revealed in December, so hoping that is the same this year.

It will be my 25th that year, and I'd like to start planning and budgeting for something really special. I'm better at saving if I have an actual sailing I'm looking at ;)

I'm with you! I'm planning my big B-day cruise in April of 2019 and wanted to know when I should start planning etc... Trying to make it as cost effective for my guests while spoiling myself in a Suite. Not sure I will know until 2017 considering all these changes as of late....

I'm with you! I'm planning my big B-day cruise in April of 2019 and wanted to know when I should start planning etc... Trying to make it as cost effective for my guests while spoiling myself in a Suite. Not sure I will know until 2017 considering all these changes as of late....

I have a big one in 2017 -- 50. Hmm. Maybe I should shoot for that instead, lol. Then it can be all about me. And it would still be reasonable to plan "something" for our 25th. ;-)

When I booked my 2017 NCL cruise it was 19 months in advance.

That's a nice long window. I noticed some of the ships arent' showing itineraries very far out, but I assume that's because of the changes that are happening right now.

I'm hoping to go on a newer ship this time. We have mostly gone on older ships in the past.

You sound like a person who cruises more for the ship than the itinerary - the opposite of me :D So you will probably want one of the "Away" or "Away+" ships - and don't care as much where it goes :) (well maybe you need to go where its warm).

That said you also sound like you want a special cabin so my advise is to book as early as you can. From the sounds of things the pricing model is going to change - if it hasn't already and the best prices will be early.

I booked almost 2yrs out so I could get the cabin I wanted - now the cabins on that itinerary are almost sold out now - over a year out.

You sound like a person who cruises more for the ship than the itinerary - the opposite of me :D So you will probably want one of the "Away" or "Away+" ships - and don't care as much where it goes :) (well maybe you need to go where its warm).

That said you also sound like you want a special cabin so my advise is to book as early as you can. From the sounds of things the pricing model is going to change - if it hasn't already and the best prices will be early.

I booked almost 2yrs out so I could get the cabin I wanted - now the cabins on that itinerary are almost sold out now - over a year out.

When I was younger I was all about the ports of call. Then it was selecting based on travel time to get to San Juan after my wedding (didn't want to wait a week for the honeymoon). Then price/convenience issues (current booking I didn't want to buy airfare for 6, plus didn't have time after the cruise for additional travel days so booked Mexican Riviera even though it's the last itinerary I would normally choose). I ended up usually being on an older ship and wishing I had a chance at some of the newer amenities.

So, for our next booking I will be doing a "region" and ship priority. Don't care about specific ports but would like a European cruise on a newer ship. We have some friends in Poland we would like to visit (northern coast) and I also want to see Denmark (family there) so may do a cruise/land trip. Since it will be a super special occasion, I'm also looking at the suites. We had always wanted to do a vowel renewal, but this will be a good alternative

If you want Europe on a newer ship then you will be looking at the Epic (unless they base the Bliss there, which is possible if not likely).

I'd guess Epic 2018 itineraries will be available late next year, so you would be able to book around 18 months in advance.