Loyalty Recognition.....

time4sun

We are about to book a Carnival Cruise and I decided to check VIPF to see if we have any loyalty offers.....to my surprise, they are showing that I have no previous cruises but that my husband has 3 (post 2000).....we have always cruised together and have taken a number of Carnival Cruises prior to 2000...how does one go about getting credit for those cruises? It says to send a note with your past booking numbers but I don't have any of those!?

Also, we are Platinum with Princess but am assuming that they don't "status match"?? Is there an advantage to achieving a loyalty status with Carnival? On RCCL and Celebrity we receive a complimentary "happy hour" and with Princess we get a special happy hour and free internet minutes.....just wondering if it's worth the hassle to go to bat???

Thanks in advance!!!

If you're sailing just for the loyalty status and the stuff that comes with it, then no it's not worth it. If you're sailing to have fun and see some neat places and eat and have everything done for you than go and enjoy.

Well, if you went on those past cruises with your husband, then your booking number is the same as his. Should be no problem getting those cruises credited to your VIFP number. Now, is it worth it? If you cruise just for the perks, then yes, you should get all the points you can. If perks are not that important, then get them anyway if you can. I understand Carnival may be looking at some changes to the loyalty program and I hope it has something to do with their family and carrying over loyalty between the various lines. Once you get to gold status there is a small perk, at platinum you get a few more and at diamond there are several. Go for it!

We are about to book a Carnival Cruise and I decided to check VIPF to see if we have any loyalty offers.....to my surprise, they are showing that I have no previous cruises but that my husband has 3 (post 2000).....we have always cruised together and have taken a number of Carnival Cruises prior to 2000...how does one go about getting credit for those cruises? It says to send a note with your past booking numbers but I don't have any of those!?

Thanks in advance!!!

Send in copies of ANYTHING you have to prove that you were on previous cruises. Embarkation or any other photos, sail and sign info, proof of cruise payment, etc. Your past guest number will not be the same as your husband's.

You are the only one who can determine if this is worth pursuing.

Send in copies of ANYTHING you have to prove that you were on previous cruises. Embarkation or any other photos, sail and sign info, proof of cruise payment, etc. Your past guest number will not be the same as your husband's.

You are the only one who can determine if this is worth pursuing.

I had a picture of DH with a pirate on ecstasy and they took that for both of us.

No, they don't "status match" across lines.

But when I took my one HAL cruise, I was already treated as a past guest and invited to their brunch.

You've apparently been to Carnivals VIFP section. Have a look at the list of the various levels' perks and see for yourself. Pretty minimal. I use very few of the Platinum perks and have no interest in trying to reach the next level.

Well, if you went on those past cruises with your husband, then your booking number is the same as his. Should be no problem getting those cruises credited to your VIFP number. Now, is it worth it? If you cruise just for the perks, then yes, you should get all the points you can. If perks are not that important, then get them anyway if you can. I understand Carnival may be looking at some changes to the loyalty program and I hope it has something to do with their family and carrying over loyalty between the various lines. Once you get to gold status there is a small perk, at platinum you get a few more and at diamond there are several. Go for it!

Sorry, each person has their own VIFP # and it may not necessarily be a # just before or just after your husband's. Not sure if anyone keeps a record of booking #'s. espically if before the computer age.

Also, we are Platinum with Princess but am assuming that they don't "status match"?? Is there an advantage to achieving a loyalty status with Carnival? On RCCL and Celebrity we receive a complimentary "happy hour" and with Princess we get a special happy hour and free internet minutes.....just wondering if it's worth the hassle to go to bat???

Thanks in advance!!!

Everyone does have a unique past guest number, but the BOOKING numbers for each cruise would be the same, assuming you and your husband were on the same reservation, so those numbers could be used as verification for the cruises since 2000. Otherwise, for the older cruises, as other posters have stated, you can use any document or photo you may have that proves you were on a particular cruise. Obviously, that would take more work and require a phone call and submission of those items, and only you can decided whether it's "worth it."

Regarding what perks come with which levels, log in and then click on "My Benefits" on the left side of the page under the VIFP section of the Carnival website. There is a chart there that lays it all out. I don't think Carnival's loyalty program is up to par with some of the other lines, but it is what it is.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Did you ever sign up for a VIFP number? Because when my first cruise was booked, I was assigned one automatically (because the booking was in my name), but I had to actually go and sign my husband up for a number and had to call customer service to have them add his number to the booking.

Sorry, each person has their own VIFP # and it may not necessarily be a # just before or just after your husband's. Not sure if anyone keeps a record of booking #'s. espically if before the computer age.

True, the VIFP numbers would be different but the booking number would be the same for both the OP and her hubby. She could use the booking number as proof of the cruise(s) in question. [emoji1]