FTTF & Port Delays

CruiseFan3035

So I am still debating on the FTTF and after reading about (and previously experiencing) port delays, I'm a bit concerned that if I purchased the FTTF, would it even then be worth it?!?!? I read a post about port delays until 2:00 pm. On our last cruise (this past October) we also had major delays and didn't get on our ship until 1:00-2:00.

Opinions anyone?

So I am still debating on the FTTF and after reading about (and previously experiencing) port delays, I'm a bit concerned that if I purchased the FTTF, would it even then be worth it?!?!? I read a post about port delays until 2:00 pm. On our last cruise (this past October) we also had major delays and didn't get on our ship until 1:00-2:00.

Opinions anyone?

Having FTTF allows you to board after Wedding parties, Platinums and Diamonds.

If boarding is delayed, it is delayed for everyone. You still board before those who don't have FTTF.

As someone has already posted the order in which you board doesn't change if there is a delay in boarding. The first time I purchased FTTF our ship had a delay, as a matter of fact it was late arriving at ports throughout the cruise. Sounds to me like you've already decided it's not for you. Early boarding is not the only perk, your room is guaranteed to be ready when you board and your luggage is expedited to you. In addition you have priority at tender ports and a designated number and line for Guest Services. BTW, my experience did not deter me from purchasing FTTF for subsequent cruises.

I hope you'll enjoy your cruise.

On our last cruise (this past October) we also had major delays and didn't get on our ship until 1:00-2:00.

In that scenario, you'd appreciate having FTTF even more. We had this happen last year in Tampa. Boarding was delayed for everyone and we had to sit around in the terminal just waiting along with everyone else. Once the ship was cleared for boarding, however, we were among the first 50 or so passengers on board. We dropped our bags off in the cabin and then immediately went to eat lunch on an empty Lido deck. :cool:

Thanks everyone. I should have clarified, I do know that FTTF is not early boarding. I just wanted to know if there was a delay for everyone if they still allowed the FTTF. I'm going to see if I can get it for our upcoming cruise. I know they're usually sold out (and fast) so here goes nothing.

Is there a limit on the number of people allowed to purchase FTTF? As in, sold out and not available. I won't be able to book for next May until October and def want FTTF

The number varies by sailing and the number of Diamonds and Platinums. So if they calculate less Diamonds and Plats on a particular ship they will release more FTTFs. So keep checking.