Returning FTTF question

I purchased FTTF with an amex gift card that I was given- after purchasing, I tossed it.

Well... we ended up taking an upgrade call to a grand suite so I no longer need it, there are no tender ports. I asked my PVP and she said that I could return it, but it could only go back on the amex gift card and I would have to call them to get the gift card re-issued. I don't even know the number so I dont know how they would re-issue. Has anyone ever had this sort of issue?

Also- assuming I get this refunded- with the suite and not FTTF is your room still ready sooner like with FTTF?

Doubtful they're be able to reissue the gift card. Why not just keep the FTTF? There are some perks you still get with FTTF even in a suite. You won't get early stateroom access or early luggage delivery with a suite.

We have a suite and also FTTF

Cabins are not ready when you board early with a suite but they are with FTTF.

Suite only gets you priority boarding.

FTTF gives you a lot more than that.

We've learnt to buy gift cards with these types of cards. Lot easier to get a refund.

Suite only gets you priority boarding.

FTTF gives you a lot more than that.

We've learnt to buy gift cards with these types of cards. Lot easier to get a refund.

That's what I should have done! I would have gotten my fuel points too. lol. I'll just keep it and enjoy our room early! :)

Also- assuming I get this refunded- with the suite and not FTTF is your room still ready sooner like with FTTF?

As others have stated, suite guests will not have "Early Stateroom" or "Express Luggage Delivery". Here's the link to Carnival's website with the details. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/~/priority-check-in-program

Your room is not immediately available with a suite, only FTTF.

Mostly true but not quite complete. The part about having a suite not giving you "Early Stateroom" and "Early Checked Luggage" is true. Those perks are not, however, restricted to FTTF purchasers only Those extra benefits apply to Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF guests.