Ever been asked to downgrade instead

dr1ub

Don't believe they overbook. I would seriously doubt this would ever happen. The only time I have heard of someone being moved a room was a non disabled person occupying a disabled room.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

of and upgrade. Strange question I know. Case might be that they had overbooked suites and wanting someone to move down instead of upgrade.

Just curious.

Closest I've heard is a move over offer. Never had one but have spoken with people who have.

I guess if They were in the position of suits overbooked and lower cats available they may include that option as a part of the move over, but as I said I've not heard of it.

Don't believe they overbook. I would seriously doubt this would ever happen. The only time I have heard of someone being moved a room was a non disabled person occupying a disabled room.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am not certain about Carnival, but lines certainly do overbook and at times make move over offers.

We have one time. It was not Princess but Carnival. We booked a balcony guarantee and on the way to the airport we received a call from princess saying they overbooked our category type and were offered $1000.00 on board credit that if we didn't use we could bring home. We were moved to an ocean view cabin.

Edited by brensr41

We have one time. It was not Princess but Carnival. We booked a balcony guarantee and on the way to the airport we received a call from princess saying they overbooked our category type and were offered $1000.00 on board credit that if we didn't use we could bring home. We were moved to an ocean view cabin.

Wow.

heck yeah, I'd take the thou!

So Princess called you for a Carnival cruise? Or did Carnival call?

We booked an extended balcony for Hawaii through Carnival. When I went to check the room it says it is a handicapped room. What happens if they need that room and all the other extended balcony rooms are not available. I didn't ask for this room but want the extended balcony.

We booked an extended balcony for Hawaii through Carnival. When I went to check the room it says it is a handicapped room. What happens if they need that room and all the other extended balcony rooms are not available. I didn't ask for this room but want the extended balcony.

Is there a cabin close by that you could move to now?

Edited by SadieN

They presumably would give you a better cabin. If not available would think they would have to leave you alone

They presumably would give you a better cabin. If not available would think they would have to leave you alone

No, they would pull the handicap cabin in favor of a person who is disabled. If not, they would never hear the end of it from the ADA lobby. When you book a handicap cabin it specifically states that you can be moved if needed.

Someone got moved to make room for my FIL. They had the nerve to actually come by the cabin to check to see if he really was handicapped. I guess the wheelchair was the first clue!

My wife and I are in a 4J (front of ship, 10th floor, handicap room). We are young but my wife is technically and more importantly, legally handicapped (though not wheelchair bound so she is more able bodied). We're going to bring her card with us but in case they offer to move us for an upgrade, me might hold off. especially if they really need the room for someone in a wheelchair. We sail in 10 days so I will let you know!

Edited by JennN

Someone got moved to make room for my FIL. They had the nerve to actually come by the cabin to check to see if he really was handicapped. I guess the wheelchair was the first clue!

:eek: What [redacted]. I hope your FIL had a great cruise.

I had booked a cabin through a Carnival agent years ago, and it was a cabin for 3, not two, but I didn't know that. Then I found CC, and saw that if someone wanted a cabin for 3 and there were no others, we would lose ours and be moved somewhere else. We had a serious balcony, so I called my "agent" and asked if this was true, he said yes, and I paid to switch the cabin so that I could get the same "serious" balcony, but for a cabin for two. The folks who got my old cabin were on my roll call, they said it was a lovely cabin, but guess what? So was mine. It really does pay to do research, and if need be, to get what you want, pay a little more.

However, that was our honeymoon, and now throw us into a porthole and we are fine!