Spa Balcony vs. MiniSuite

BrownCalico

Good morning, all!

My husband and I are going on Escape in December for our 10 year anniversary. We are currently booked in a mini-suite, but I am considering changing to a spa balcony. I know that Escape is a new ship, so it will be anyone's guess as to which is a "better" option, but generally speaking, what are the benefits to each, which would you do, and why?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Since the spa balcony includes spa passes I would do that one. Especially in December the spa is fantastic and so worth every penny.

We sailed in large balcony Mini on Getaway and bought spa passes (199 each). But we are a family of 4 and spa cabins don't work for us or that would have been my first choice. The Balconies on Getaway are tiny if you are not on deck 8 Mini or deck 9 Balcony

This is a spreadsheet done by Bear something for the away class. Its amazing so much helpful info and pictures yeah!!! For all of the cabins I have compared the pictures to Escapes drawings they look the same just different colors.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

We had a spa mini suite on the Getaway. The only difference in room was the bathrooms. The spa was absolutely wonderful! And I'm sure the Escape will have new stuff in the thermal area. If it just the 2 of you....I would go with the spa balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that the thermal suite would be a nice perk in December, especially for the 3 sea days in your itinerary. But I wanted to make sure you knew that you don't necessarily have to switch rooms to get spa access. You can also just purchase spa passes (probably around $200 per person for your cruise, with a possible $20 discount if booked on-line), and keep your current mini-suite.

If you're looking to save money on your booking by downgrading to a balcony, it may be better to pick a regular balcony room and purchase the spa passes separately. You will also get more choice of locations around the ship this way (all the spa balconies are Deck 15 forward).

I agree that the thermal suite would be a nice perk in December, especially for the 3 sea days in your itinerary.

Call me crazy, but I actually want the spa pass for the snow room they are adding on Escape! We don't get a lot of the pretty white stuff here in SC.

All jokes aside, that is what I am doing... keeping the mini suite & getting a spa pass! :-)

Thanks, all!

I don't think your crazy we get plenty of the white stuff here in Ohio and we enjoy going from the hot tub to the snow and back into the hot tub.....its a very tingly experience. Might want to wear shoes, slip on shoes or flip flops.

After you do it you feel extra relaxed well I do. I am sure the snow room won't be for everyone.