Periscoping From A Suite Perspective10/31/2015

Thank you for posting about this. I have been following some of the previous CC members who have been scoping their Oasis cruises and I've been loving it! I will be on Allure in November and I am hoping to do some streaming from my cruise as well.

Your post about privacy is my only concern. I was watching a lot of Bastiman's videos (I forget his CC name, he was just on the Oasis on a B2B) and I noticed some rude and/or spammy comments and I want to completely avoid that. Is there a way to limit who can view my stream? I would love to have it only available to those whom I approve, and obviously I would approve anyone from CC :)

Thank you for posting about this. I have been following some of the previous CC members who have been scoping their Oasis cruises and I've been loving it! I will be on Allure in November and I am hoping to do some streaming from my cruise as well.

Your post about privacy is my only concern. I was watching a lot of Bastiman's videos (I forget his CC name, he was just on the Oasis on a B2B) and I noticed some rude and/or spammy comments and I want to completely avoid that. Is there a way to limit who can view my stream? I would love to have it only available to those whom I approve, and obviously I would approve anyone from CC :)

Yes there is.You can limit it to those that are following you. On the streaming screen there is an icon just to the right of the lock icon. Touch it and you limit texting to only those that are following you.

Touch the lock icon and you limit viewing and text to only who you choose. This is a nice feature if you want to share streaming with family or? only. If you will list your screen name I'm sure others and myself would like to follow you on your adventure of the Allure.

Thank you

Just set up to follow you. tacotamale is the user name on periscope. When I tried it on my Ipad, it had it as a $1.99 app but since it was supposed to be free, I checked on my iphone and voila. Thanks in advance for doing this. You can wave at the concierge for me and tell them the Howell's are boarding when you get off!

Just set up to follow you. tacotamale is the user name on periscope. When I tried it on my Ipad, it had it as a $1.99 app but since it was supposed to be free, I checked on my iphone and voila. Thanks in advance for doing this. You can wave at the concierge for me and tell them the Howell's are boarding when you get off!

LOL! You making me wish we had done a B2B:)

Don't have a tacotamale on my followers list but your user name is making me hungry!

Ah - maybe it has my real name. Sorry about the hunger - go to Sabor! Taco and Tamale are our chihuahuas. Yes - we're THAT original! ;) We have another one named Peanut - he was already named. :D We figure the next one will be Tortilla or Tostada.

Speaking of Sabor - we ate there on navigator and it was the best meal we had. Highly recommend it if you like Mex. It's worth it just to get the tableside guacamole! And on Oasis it's ala carte!

Tacotamale! Great name.

Now I'm trying to figure out how the dang thing works. All these people posting questions and he answers. OMG The horn - this is going to kill me.

thanks york - I figured they were getting jealous since Wolfgang is still alive on CC. Our shorkie sweet boy has been gone a few years now but it still makes me smile to see his name here.

Edited by wolfganghowell

Ah - maybe it has my real name. Sorry about the hunger - go to Sabor! Taco and Tamale are our chihuahuas. Yes - we're THAT original! ;) We have another one named Peanut - he was already named. :D We figure the next one will be Tortilla or Tostada.

Speaking of Sabor - we ate there on navigator and it was the best meal we had. Highly recommend it if you like Mex. It's worth it just to get the tableside guacamole! And on Oasis it's ala carte!

If we are ever able to book our dinner reservation Sabor is at the top of the list.

Like Mex no. Love Mex most definitely. Habaneros are an addiction. We have three plants of Habaneros, (hot) two plants of field peppers(hot) and two plants of ghost peppers.(scary hot) i am the only one in the family that likes it really hot!

Every Christmas I make twenty dozen tamales and five gallons of green chile. I use Hatch and Big Jim green chiles fresh from New Mexico. If you have never had green chile, OMG there is nothing like it. If you have made tamales before you know how labor intensive they are.

I am getting off the subject. Chihuahuas named Taco and Tamale are great names! Can you post your real name so we can follow you?

Thank you

FLAC - too bad you are not on our cruise. Mr Wolf grew up in New mex so hatch chilis are his thing. Right now our freezer is packed since hatch chili season just ended here. He's covered for the next year.

I will try to learn periscope and will attempt to do a few on our cruise in November. Sharon is the first name and if you take the wolfgang off the screen name you can figure out the last. ;) No guarantees though since most of the time my phone is locked in the safe in the room. I like being unplugged. But it might be fun to do a view during the week and payback those who are doing them!

Periscope is a app on IOS and android that lets you broadcast what your device can see and hear in real time. Those who watch can ask questions or any other comment they care to.

Android users can search for periscope in the google play store. iOS users can search for it in the App Store. The picture that both stores use is a blue circle with a white teardrop and then red circle inside of that. Both apps are made by Twitter and are free to download.

Ladzen

I have a question about doing this from the ship. Are you charged for using your cell phone just like you would be for making calls? As I recall it is QUITE pricey to make a call while at sea and was wondering what this would cost? Thanks :)

I have a question about doing this from the ship. Are you charged for using your cell phone just like you would be for making calls? As I recall it is QUITE pricey to make a call while at sea and was wondering what this would cost? Thanks :)

Periscope uses internet data, so if one has the unlimited wifi package (and otherwise has the phone in airplane mode with wifi turned back on), there should be no additional charge.

FLAC - too bad you are not on our cruise. Mr Wolf grew up in New mex so hatch chilis are his thing. Right now our freezer is packed since hatch chili season just ended here. He's covered for the next year.

I will try to learn periscope and will attempt to do a few on our cruise in November. Sharon is the first name and if you take the wolfgang off the screen name you can figure out the last. ;) No guarantees though since most of the time my phone is locked in the safe in the room. I like being unplugged. But it might be fun to do a view during the week and payback those who are doing them!

I bought 25lbs of chiles roasted,skinned and froze them for Christmas. I hope one day we are on the same cruise together. I will be bringing Habeneros with me in October. I know from past experiences they won't have any.

• 2 months later...

Finally our cruise is only 7 days away.:D I wanted to post our decision on the streaming restrictions we will implement so all those that wish to participate can do so. Those that wish to communicate with us on Periscope will need to register beforehand. With young members of our family watching we want to keep all comments G rated. We know we will have the cooperation of CC members. Sorry we feel the need to do this but after watching Periscope over the last few months it has become apparent that sometimes it is not kid friendly.Those that don't register can only watch.

If you are new to Periscope google it for information. There is also a lot of information on this thread and other threads on the board. If you still have question I will try to answer them. You search me on Periscope by my name John Tyer.

We will make every attempt to gather information or video areas that are requested. Our plan is to also search out different things that have not been covered previously. We know of one other possibly two that will also be streaming live. Maybe we all can meet at some point on the cruise and share notes.

I got a little carried away on our Anniversary banner for the sail away. If you tune into the port webcam or Periscope next Saturday you will see what I mean. :)

We are looking forward to sharing what we hope is a fantastic cruise on the Oasis of the Seas with all of you!.

I've just added you . can't wait to see your GS as we will be in room 9654 also a GS. debating if we should eat in MDR or CK. Would love your input on that.

Bob (Clarea) a well respected CC member was just on Oasis a few weeks ago. He commented on the MDR food & service. It wasn't very promising. On the other hand all the reviews on the Coastal Kitchen have been stellar. My wife wants to try the MDR once because she enjoys the big dining room environment. We will see but I will surely comment on our experience. We are also doing a couple of the specialty restaurants. We hope you enjoy your suite and cruise