Buying aclohol from fun shops before cruising

Gardeneroflove

Hi,

my husband is looking into buying a bottle of something from the fun shops and having it in our room. Our main question is if this is any/much cheaper than drinks from the bar? He's not a huge drinker, just maybe a drink before dinner or nightcap on the balcony before bed.

(I tried searching, but I wasn't hitting the right keywords, apparently. I kept getting results on thier policy).

Hi,

my husband is looking into buying a bottle of something from the fun shops and having it in our room. Our main question is if this is any/much cheaper than drinks from the bar? He's not a huge drinker, just maybe a drink before dinner or nightcap on the balcony before bed.

(I tried searching, but I wasn't hitting the right keywords, apparently. I kept getting results on thier policy).

Hello, I searched the word "liquor" & chose the 2nd link... Which is a price list of liquor that Carnival sells & will have waiting in ur cabin upon embarkation

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Bon voyage bottles are more expensive but I look at it this way, they are one liter bottles and you get approx. 30 shots out of each bottle. That would be 30 drinks for us.

We order a bottle of vodka...$75, get tomato juice from room service and get pepper and tabasco from the lido buffet. We make bloody mary's in the room and it is about $2.50 each.

That is a lot cheaper than paying for a bloody mary at the bar.

Are you allowed to have your in room drinks out on deck or at dinner?

Well, I definitely wouldn't carry a bottle around with me and it does state that it is for in the cabin only but there are lots of people carrying around their own cups. Just bring your own cup, fix your drink in the room and carry it with you.

I don't think you can purchase liquor in the Fun Shops and bring it back to your cabin at the beginning of your cruise. (They will deliver to your room on the last night.) To have liquor in your stateroom, you have to order from Bon Voyage online. If I am incorrect, someone will add another thread.

I don't think you can purchase liquor in the Fun Shops and bring it back to your cabin at the beginning of your cruise. (They will deliver to your room on the last night.) To have liquor in your stateroom, you have to order from Bon Voyage online. If I am incorrect, someone will add another thread.

You can order a bottle through room service.

Correct!

The liquor that is delivered to your room is ordered either ahead of time online paying premium prices, or through room service. As far as being allowed to have your own mixed drinks on the decks, we always did. We brought a tervis cup and mixed a drink in our room and off we went. We really liked that guava juice at breakfast and filled up a large bottle of that at breakfast time since that's the only time you can get it, and brought it back to our room fridge to have to mix drinks with for the day!